• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM089: The Prism of Light and Darkness - Its Name is Necrozma!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Yonemura is writing all of this instead of Tomioka.

Maybe what's affecting the parents also affects Kiteruguma?
Omg that would be TOO CUTE and I might die.
I'm surprised Yonemura is writing all of this instead of Tomioka.
Why? Yonemura is one of the last of the old hands standing. He's been around since OS and written his fair share of important episodes.

Tomioka is also no longer the head writer. Sure he's still brought in to write big episodes/battles, but if you're going to ask the question, why isn't Matsui writing these episodes herself? I reckon this is only the first wave and that there will be more of this arc to come in future, the important bits of which may well be written by Matsui/Tomioka.

Tomioka is writing for Nyaheat and Suiren now.

Tomioka wrote SM083 though, and that was mainly Ash and Lillie-focused. (And Sophocles was there too). And the most recent Battle Royal episode was written by Yonemura, not Tomioka. As for Matsui, she wrote the most recent episode which went into detail about Poipole's past.

I believe this episode is where Ash and the other going to visit the Ultra Megalopolis an witnessing the "Blinding One" transform into the Pokémon of shenlong following afterwards it will be freak out reaction to all of them, especially Rotom.

Where it finally identified as the "Lord of Light" and begin to talk telepathy to Ash and the other. Just like in the base game "Li... Li... Light." but in a speech to know of it true identity.

Why are you talking about Shenlong?
@martianmister
Because, it did resemble, especially when the whole the light gone and absorbed completely, it true form appears. Not to even mention, it Z-Move is very reminiscent from Dragon Ball.

Which is what I use the nickname: Shenlong since Necrozma is also base on a star that everyone might wish their dream to come true except that It won't be like Jirachi. However during in ancient times ago, before the body broken off like that. Alola region is completely darkness, where the people lives in fear and confusion until they wishes the light comes and thus, Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma making their wish comes true and that is what it exist. You know what I mean.

So the first part is about setting up Necrozma, the second part is about Necrozma controlling Lunala and the third part is about Ultra Necrozma appearing. Maybe they could do one extra part about Poipole evolving and confronting Necrozma, but I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it like that.

This could be the dub season finale, as the episode count is already 45.

What makes you think so?
The anime hasn't been leaning as heavily on the concept of alternate realities for its Gen VI and VII plotlines like ORAS/SM/USUM have, a plot point which was practically a necessity for RR even existing in the first place. If they did, wouldn't we have gotten the ORAS Maxie and Archie going after Primal Groudon and Kyogre in the second and third ME specials despite them giving up after the Magma/Aqua finale back in AG? I'd say the one hint so far has probably been Ash and TR seemingly not recognising Steven, and let's face it, he was practically one of those faceless CotD's then.

Even if Rainbow Rocket does show up in some form (which I still hope not), there's little chance of it involving other villain team leaders at this point. It's like the whole "Lusamine's gonna be Crobat-fuck insane here too" thing; I don't believe it's been sufficiently built up in the anime's story.

The anime hasn't been leaning as heavily on the concept of alternate realities for its Gen VI and VII plotlines like ORAS/SM/USUM have, a plot point which was practically a necessity for RR even existing in the first place. If they did, wouldn't we have gotten the ORAS Maxie and Archie going after Primal Groudon and Kyogre in the second and third ME specials despite them giving up after the Magma/Aqua finale back in AG?
When you put it like that...I guess it's not too likely, but we'll see.

Which is what I use the nickname: Shenlong since Necrozma is also base on a star that everyone might wish their dream to come true

Necrozma could be based off the concept of prisms and light refraction. It may also incorporate similarities, both literal and symbolic, to black dwarfs, black holes, or neutron stars.

Necrozma's Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings forms may be based on the concept of solarand lunar eclipses. The forms' alternate names in Japanese, 日食 nisshoku (solar eclipse) and 月食 gesshoku (lunar eclipse) can also be literally translated as "eating the sun/moon", reflecting how Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo or Lunala to assume those forms. Its Ultra Necrozma form may be based on giant stars or supernovae.”

I don’t see any mention of wishes here...

However during in ancient times ago, before the body broken off like that. Alola region is completely darkness, where the people lives in fear and confusion until they wishes the light comes and thus, Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma making their wish comes true and that is what it exist.

I’m pretty sure Alola never lost its light prior to the events of USUM. It was the Ultra Mehalopolis which did. In fact, Necrozma was the one to take away Ultra Megalopolis' light itself, quite the opposite of granting them light.

And as far as I remember they didn’t get their light back.

The comparison feels like a huge stretch to me...

Last edited:

Necrozma could be based off the concept of prisms and light refraction. It may also incorporate similarities, both literal and symbolic, to black dwarfs, black holes, or neutron stars.

Necrozma's Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings forms may be based on the concept of solarand lunar eclipses. The forms' alternate names in Japanese, 日食 nisshoku (solar eclipse) and 月食 gesshoku (lunar eclipse) can also be literally translated as "eating the sun/moon", reflecting how Necrozma absorbs Solgaleo or Lunala to assume those forms. Its Ultra Necrozma form may be based on giant stars or supernovae.”

I don’t see any mention of wishes here...

I’m pretty sure Alola never lost its light prior to the events of USUM. It was the Ultra Mehalopolis which did. In fact, Necrozma was the one to take away Ultra Megalopolis' light itself, quite the opposite of granting them light.

And as far as I remember they didn’t get their light back.

The comparison feels like a huge stretch to me...
@PkmnTrainerV
Watch episode 74 again. It is official stated, Alola is a darkness region prior before Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma brought the light to them many didn't know about it. Perhaps all the evidence might had been destroyed for the locals to forget about the disaster that will bought to them again.

Speaking of Ultra Megalopolis, I think this will be the episode, where Ash and the other finally going to visit Poipole world either riding Nebby (Solgaleo) or Lunala since is the only way to go through the Ultra Space and I also have a doubt Lunala is Nebby new mate, which will lead to another creation of Cosmog in the future.

Also, when the darkness descends right after Necrozma true form had assume. It is a major tribute of shenlong being summon, when the sky turns dark. Which is why, I given the nickname Necrozma, the Pokémon of shenlong.

Just my opinion, no needed to take serious.

Also, remember to countdown the episode, starting from 15 days onward to 23th.

@PkmnTrainerV
Watch episode 74 again. It is official stated, Alola is a darkness region prior before Solgaleo, Lunala and Ultra Necrozma brought the light to them many didn't know about it. Perhaps all the evidence might had been destroyed for the locals to forget about the disaster that will bought to them again

Oh... I didn’t realise that Alola’s anime storyline is different from the games...
My mistake and I apologise for it.

Are we sure it's affecting only parents or adults in general? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Kiteruguma being affected by it :3 I just need to know if it wouldn't affect Musashi and Kojiro instead.
It could be affecting adults in general. So far the summaries for SM87 have been only mentioning parents (and parent figures) but there's also a possibility other adults could be affected as well. I guess we'll have to wait for the preview of SM87 to figure that out.

Last edited:
Well, technically, Kukui and Burnet aren't parents, so I think it's affecting all adults. But if that''s so, how are Musashi and Kojiro going to work in such conditions? Because well, they're definitely going to get involved in this arc for sure.

I suppose it won't be like in the game, and we won't get TRR, but that "special unit form Team Rocket" keeps me wonder. But well, anime Team Rocket has never disbanded, so it doesn't make sense to "revive" TR under a new name, let alone with a goal like that. I doubt anime Sakaki would care about other leaders. He's simply showing interest in Necrozma, and that's probably his only goal. TRR would make an interesting plot, but I can't see it in the anime. But I bet they'll probably incorporate some elements from it.

The 'new unit' could be named Unit Rainbow or Rainbow Rocket easily..
My thought exactly. That way, they could easily make a nod to the games without actually creating TRR. Plus, it would kinda make sense, what with Necrozma being related to prisms and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom