• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM089: The Prism of Light and Darkness - Its Name is Necrozma!!

So watched the subbed episode...
Why... why do they have to give both Poipole as well as Naganadel earsplitting cries (specially since they’re the UBs we'll see most often). Thank goodness Naganadel's telepathy Voice more than makes up for it.

That meteor being the reason of Necrozma losing its light probably takes away the chance of Ultra Recon Squad being involved (not that I expected them to appear).

Ash deciding to save "Everyone" without any suggestion on how to do that at first and all classmates thoughtlessly supporting it was baffling initially. I sympathised with Gladion's realism in that scene.

I'm sure we'll be seeing Incineroar deal with Mega Aggron in the next episode.

8/10

This marks how many Pokemon Ash has met that has telepathy? Just a regular day for him I guess. Regarding Kukui's and Faba's situation, I too seriously feel he might not have any other option, but to bring out his Incineroar. Can't wait for the next episode.

Well that was a meh ep, the worst part were the battles and the best part are the z-moves. But I feel like they were padding things out by telling us things we already know.
Overall
6 out of 10

Well that was a meh ep, the worst part were the battles and the best part are the z-moves. But I feel like they were padding things out by telling us things we already know.
Overall
6 out of 10
I actually found the Z-move part the most disappointing since it's not the entire group that's using those moves but just the select few which really destroys the hype for me.

I felt that there was too much talking in the past three episodes tbh. No that many action. The battles with DWN and DMN werent that great or long

I actually found the Z-move part the most disappointing since it's not the entire group that's using those moves but just the select few which really destroys the hype for me.

This "select few" is still a majority. Four out of seven. And without Gladion, it'd still be half.

I get your point, but there's always a third wheel in the group. Always has been since day one and more than likely always will be. It's not they've been shoved to the side while the others do literally everything. And the preview for next ep already confirms they'll be helping Necrozma as well.

If Poipole ends up being released, I think it'll stay with Ash as a Naganadel for a while at least. It's too good to be left out of the League, at least.
Ash isn't going to use a Legendary equivalent in the League aside from Pikachu

Poipole is homesick and its mission is coming to a close

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull some reason for it to stay with Ash until the other UB are dealt with out of the plot, but the Aether Foundation knows where its Ultra Hole is now, so they can send it back any time

Actually Poipole showed no signs of homesickness.

The preview scene also looks like Naganadel letting Poipole go with Ash.
*glances at the Mina episode*

You have a weird definition of "Homesick"

Obviously being home would alleviate being homesick, hence why it's happier once it reunites with its family after getting sidetracked by Pikachu's seizure-inducing flashes of light

Obviously being home would alleviate being homesick, hence why it's happier once it reunites with its family after getting sidetracked by Pikachu's seizure-inducing flashes of light

The only one Poipole shows signs of being happy on seeing was the 'Queen' Naganadel. There wasn’t much interaction between the rest of the Poipole group and Ash's Poipole. In fact, they seemed rather indifferent.

Now with Naganadel possibly giving it’s approval to join Ash (or even the possibility of it dying like Stoutland) I don’t think Poipole will have any issues going with Ash.

Ash isn't going to use a Legendary equivalent in the League aside from Pikachu
It's more closer to a pseudo in terms of strength, and Ash has owned one of those before already.

Poipole was just worried of its homeworld's condition. Now that it's restores, it has no problem with going with Ash. At least until Naganadel pulls a Stoutland on us and ends up dying, which is possible, considering that Naganadel specifically stated that it was old and weak. But even then, I think Poipole will evolve, be with Ash over the League, and, if it indeed ends up being released, returns home in a stronger form, ready to lead its kind after the queen passes away.

It's more closer to a pseudo in terms of strength, and Ash has owned one of those before already.
For five episodes until it was released, then about ten episodes for the league and Flare arc. No offense but this doesn't make me feel confident over Poipole staying with Ash that long after evolving. He hasn't had the best track record so far when it comes to keeping that kind of strength.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom