• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM091: It's a Pikachu Outbreak! The Pikachu Valley!!

Really wish that Ash could make Pikachu remember Volt Tackle, shame there is no such thing as move reminders

They actually acknowledged in the episode that Catastropika requires Volt Tackle, but Ash's Pikachu doesn't know it anymore.

gZvVRig.jpg

Ash's head scratch gesture says it all.

Not to rain on anyone's gender confirmation parade, but pretty sure Kiteruguma just nabbed Sonansu's hairband & tail on impact (he was wearing it during the fall but as soon as he's in Kiteruguma's arms its gone...)

This episode has to be the CUTEST DAMN EPISODE EVER. :X3:All of the Pikachu and their interactions were adorable. Normally I'm the last to defend Pikachu's annoying Sun/Moon personality, but I really liked seeing him try to impress not only Kurin, but some of the other female Pikachu in this episode. Pompadour-chu was so adorable. I love how both he and Pikachu were so shy around Kurin despite both of them being so bold when dealing with each other. Mimo and Kiawe's moments were super cute as usual. It's still so funny how Kiawe will just do anything for Mimo, including talk like a Pikachu.

Lastly, I would like to thank this episode for spoiling a lot of the hairstyles for Let's Go (assuming that most if not all of those hairstyles were from the game and not just randoms they made up). Now I now what a lot of my options are before I get the game. :)

Great epiosde. If TR hadn't been there, it would have been perfect. 8/10.

Ohhhh ho ho ho sheet.... Mr Cathcart's gonna have a field day with the script translation once the dub gets to this episode.

Not a bad episode, should make a decent season opener for Sun and Moon: Let's Go! or whatever they end up calling the next dub season. If I had any complaint at all it would be Team Rocket being filler villains again, but even then they weren't bad and I thought using Mimikyu as a giant capture bag was a novel idea. I also enjoyed seeing Pikachu use his new ace move to defeat his old ace move, showing just how far Pikachu has come since his own Volt Tackle days.

I thought Kiawe and Mimo were good character choices for this episode, with both living on Akala Island and bringing Mimo along as well as Ash and Kiawe allows Pikarla to supply both male and female Pikachu accessories, in addition to Mimo being able to use her cute charm to get her brother to act 'silly' in accordance with Pikarla's unusual customs. Maybe one day they'll use Mimo's ability to bend her brother's will as a crucial plot point or distraction of sorts.

Would you look at that, the writers designed a battle so as to make Electroweb beat a Volt Tackle, lowkey making the newest move look good and the old move (that everyone's been questioning why was forgotten) look unnecessary for our Pikachu's moveset.

They actually acknowledged in the episode that Catastropika requires Volt Tackle, but Ash's Pikachu doesn't know it anymore.

gZvVRig.jpg

Ash's head scratch gesture says it all.
Directed by
ROBERT B. WEIDE

Not to rain on anyone's gender confirmation parade, but pretty sure Kiteruguma just nabbed Sonansu's hairband & tail on impact (he was wearing it during the fall but as soon as he's in Kiteruguma's arms its gone...)
Wouldn't Kiteruguma just nab Musashi's tail, if he's a female?

Apparently we have a title for it, "A Plethora of Pikachu," so either that means that dub season 22 will start almost immediately after dub season 21 ends or that this episode is part of dub season 21. Maybe they tacked it on the end so as not to have too much time lapsing between Let's Go! being released and this Let's Go!-inspired episode airing.

Apparently we have a title for it, "A Plethora of Pikachu," so either that means that dub season 22 will start almost immediately after dub season 21 ends or that this episode is part of dub season 21. Maybe they tacked it on the end so as not to have too much time lapsing between Let's Go! being released and this Let's Go!-inspired episode airing.
Yeah, I found that interesting. Or will they just have 2 seasons in SM ?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom