• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, because their kids are in it. If they were showing up to some random kids' play, then yeah. It's sweet that SM shows the characters' parents being involved in their kids' school stuff.
I'd agree that it's not odd for post-Nihilego Lusamine to drop in (she'll probably love it, womanchild that she is) but Delia really must have a lot of time on her hands if she's travelling hundreds of miles just for a school play. That's still sweet though.

but Delia really must have a lot of time on her hands if she's travelling hundreds of miles just for a school play.
That's the same woman who never show up to see his son's league battles, unless it's in Kanto or Johto. Maybe Alola is closer to Kanto?

I'd agree that it's not odd for post-Nihilego Lusamine to drop in (she'll probably love it, womanchild that she is) but Delia really must have a lot of time on her hands if she's travelling hundreds of miles just for a school play. That's still sweet though.

I really think they're just doing it to fit in with the family theme SM has going on. The kids are in school, kids' parents go to school functions. Kids watching the show can relate to that, for the most part. Since the other classmates have their parents at these things, it makes sense for Delia to come as well.

The travel aspect, thinking about his leagues and when she hasn't appeared and all that is kind of overthinking it, imo. It fits the theme of the series, so that's what the writers are going with.

So Delia can cross regions to see a mediocre children's play with her servant in tow, yet Lana's dad can't travel a few miles?
HtPaMIe.gif

That Utena shot. :p The anime made reference to that show's aesthetic way back in Kanto (both Pokémon and Utena debuted on TV Tokyo at the exact same time) so it's interesting to see it referenced again.

Ah heck, the Kanto Saga played like an anime Amblin cartoon part of the time (one of its better features)

I was thinking, remember when we though Ash wouldn't crossdress for the nurse episode because of the promo and then the actual episode outdid the promo? So, what if this time the episode outdoes the promo as well and there is more gay pairings or another crossdressing for Ash.

Am I seriously the only one in here who's genuinely interested about those cubic Pokémon costumes instead of the class's parents or obscure anime references?

I guess so. I mean the costumes are spiffy and all, but why would the rest of us choose to focus more on painted cardboard boxes than on the characters themselves?

Last edited:
I guess so. I mean the costumes are spiffy and all, but why would the rest of us choose to focus more on painted cardboard boxes than on the characters themselves?
Is the potential Pokémon Quest reference really that uninteresting to you? Or am I just being really nerdy and enjoying this detail more than I should?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom