• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

Here's the Eevee extra segment, debuting with this episode:

@FinnishPokéFan92
Interesting thing about Eevee boarding the ship to Alola is the crate with all the Axew face on to it. I wonder Iris is going to return? But I know, the chance will be 0.0005%.

Anyway, this episode is great and thankfully the Revolutionary Girl Utena reference is only just a brief. Otherwise, ridiculous me-me is going pop up everywhere and claim the series is promoting Lesbianism.

You know those episodes where you see the preview and you think it's going to be good, then 5 minutes into it Team Rocket start their prolonged attack and it ends up ruining the episode? Yeah, it was another one of those. It's a pity because Team Rocket are usually the highlight of their Sun and Moon episodes, but not today sadly. Jessie spent most of her screentime taking up the center of attention while doing nothing except stand on a rock monologuing and when she finally started to do something it immediately ended with Bewear doing its thing again, which was already tired about 90 episodes ago.

The episode wasn't without its moments, specifically the mecha-robot battle sequence and many references to other properties, but as a narrative experience it was rather lacking thanks to Jessie taking up center stage and then not really doing anything for 10 minutes or so.

Not the worst episode we've had by any means but a real let-down compared to the preview, I was hoping for just a nice general low-budget school play episode. While we did get that, Team Rocket really felt jammed in the middle of it and ruined it for me.

Anyway, this episode is great and thankfully the Revolutionary Girl Utena reference is only just a brief. Otherwise, ridiculous me-me is going pop up everywhere and claim the series is promoting Lesbianism.
What we saw in the preview was the full extent of it.

I was half expecting the episode to begin with them rehearsing but instead we start with the performance which was good

How Team Rocket got their hands on the script seems a bit more contrived than usual

I was half expecting the episode to begin with them rehearsing but instead we start with the performance which was good

How Team Rocket got their hands on the script seems a bit more contrived than usual
And Ash, Lana and Kiawe didn't wear their Z-Rings around for the entire episode or they could have them in the beginning before taking them off for the school play.

wow, that Eevee is very cute.

And that episode was good, Jessie played as Lunala. But too bad team rocket blasted off by bewear.

OMFG AMAZING AND I VERY NEARLY COLLAPSED FROM SUDDEN DEATH WHEN MUSASHI DID HER MEGUMI HAYASHIBARA TRIBUTE MOTTO

So this really was Musashi's episode 'huh? :love:
Can't wait for a decent stream so that it can be screen capped galore...

I wasn't expecting SM to reveal Satoshi's real father. His mother has some explaining to do:
Screenshot_2018-10-21-15-01-02-1.png
I'm quite curious to hear what your thoughts are on Kenyu Horiuchi's voice as Samson Oak?
Surprisingly sounds nothing like his old voice.
You know those episodes where you see the preview and you think it's going to be good, then 5 minutes into it Team Rocket start their prolonged attack and it ends up ruining the episode? Yeah, it was another one of those.
I disagree. They were great. Especially Musashi, with the best reference scene in Pokeani.
1540125646086.png

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom