• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

I didn’t understand what any of this was... and I loved it!

Ugly Eevee debuts here and I still have no interest whatsoever...

Nariya's new voice sounds absolutely nothing like Ishizuka's performance. It's going to be very off-putting to hear Professor Oak sounding like this, assuming Horiuchi will use the same voice tone for him.

Ugly Eevee debuts here and I still have no interest whatsoever...
I found him very lovely and cute. Just like any other Eevee.
It's nice that Kiteruguma didn't ruin Musashi's scene, and even help her.
Yeah. It was nice of him to help her, but not so nice to just abruptly blast her off in the middle of a performance.

It was a hot mess, but that's the point! :p

They were going to some Kanto-style wackiness and in that regard it does a good job.

Though I have some concerns for the dub version. 1) How will TPCI handle that Utena reference? 2) What'll they do about the Eevee segment? o_O
Heck, I'm even a little concerned about those references. I know TPCI usually doesn't mess with things like this, but the sad fact is it'll still be (SO) lost on the kids :cry:

Last edited:
Yeah. It was nice of him to help her, but not so nice to just abruptly blast her off in the middle of a performance.
Tbf, it was the end of her performance.

I can't get over how personal this episode felt. This is where the SM anime really shines! Their school play, with all its low(ish) budget improvisations and the little cock-ups, and the families so proud regardless felt so real! The fact that Musashi was allowed to just... want to be in a play, and her boys AND the kids went along with it, even appreciated it, was totally marvellous :love: Mr Fujisaku, I want to marry you.

First I want to say that I liked the first Eevee segment; Eevee was so cute! The episode itself was so good! It reminded me a little of the Johto episode "Air Time" with all the wackiness and randomness and I enjoyed it so much. It was crazy, but in a good way. Jessie was so much fun in this one and I'm glad the TRio was in this episode. This one's definitely going on my list as one of my favorite SM episodes.

Loved this episode. Right now I have that great motto on loop, and I think I will stay like this forever. Great, great, great. Instant classic, at least for me. It's on the same level of wackiness as that evil Togepi episode in DP.

I literally laughed out loud when Jessie was launched into orbit. It was totally filler, and yet one of the best episodes of the season so far.

Loved the nonsensical turn of the play, with several references to other anime, and the costumes, specially the Ultra Beast ones!

A more entertaining episode than I thought it would be! I especially liked the "technical difficulties" jokes - they kind of reminded me of some of the interviews of my Paxton & Joseph Show fanfic.

Too bad Professor Kukui couldn't have just called in security when Jessie showed up, like Paxton did whenever Team Rocket tried to crash the show. :LOL:

Last edited:
First half of the episode was good, and then it tanked harder than Sun & Moon's ratings

But hey, at least we got to listen to the legend of Necrozma for the twentieth frickin' time

Or a very loose adaptation of the USM game plotline

"Alola's in trouble. Send only one person out on a journey to solve it through the most incomprehensible method possible."

It's not even the first time it's happened, and you'd think people would have realized that, especially those that have been watching the Twitch stream
What, really? There's been Utena references before? I had the chance to watch the Utena anime a few years ago, so if it had been in episodes earlier then that, then I guess I might not have known the reference.

Still, I'm glad to see that Utena is still remembered through parodies like these. I loved that anime.

Well I didn't like this. After skipping the last few eps I went in to this wanting to like it. And I only watched half of it before giving up. This was so boring and it left me thinking "Why?".
2 out of 5 stars

Well I didn't like this. After skipping the last few eps I went in to this wanting to like it. And I only watched half of it before giving up. This was so boring and it left me thinking "Why?".
2 out of 5 stars
Then dont watch it if you know you wont like it

Would've been nice if they'd used this to tell some of Alolan history, but naaaaah, gotta have those wacky character interactions instead!

What's the Cane of Alola? Why were the Tapu and Ultra Necrozma involved? Did the Hero use a sword to kill pokémon like that one Sinnoh myth?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom