• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM094: Great Gathering of Ghost Pokémon! Everyone's Haunted House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was going to happen sooner or later, as it always surprised me that the only scary moment of the series was the first half of SM029, and I'm glad it did on the Halloween week. Lana's sisters doing something is cool too.

I just read the episode's summary in Bulbapedia and apparantly it’s filled with Japanese cultural references...
The episode airing in October in the USA was probably just a happy coincidence.

The Ulaula Arc is also airing in October coincidentally, but sadly it doesn't contain anything scary other than the Lycanroc favoritism. It has Gengar, Sableye and Mimikyu though.

Probably would have been one earlier if we don't been in the middle of the Aether Arc last October.

And hopefully the gang wears their Halloween costumes from the 2019 calendar in this episode.

DoZLu-GWsAIzUso.jpg:orig

I want to agree with you, but I prefer the costumes being more complicated and Pokemon-inspired like in the Gourgeist episode. Mallow and TR not wearing anything and Ash wearing only a cape would be disappointing.

Season 22 starting off with 4 fillers in a row! Just what everyone wanted...

I mean this is SuMo where we hardly get plot-related episodes that aren't bunched together into small mini-arcs maybe twice a year at best. So were people really expecting any better?

Also since we're gonna enter the Yellow remake promo period soon, I expect that we'll see Gastly's line shilled here like crazy.

A Festival Trade! A Festival Farewell? certainly had Halloween theme to begin with
It was probably inspired by Halloween, but they aired in July 23, way before Halloween.
I don’t know if it counts, but the Ghost of Maiden’s Peak aired in October in the US so it might be linked to the Halloween theme there.
It was a fictional festival based on Bon festival.

Moving on, looks like Harper and Sarah will be playing a big role in this episode which will be great as they are fun, especially them teasing Lana about Ash being her boyfriend

I’d be a bit more excited for this if I thought it’d be focusing on Pokemon other than Gastly, Haunter and Gengar...

It's so hard to express your emotions woth just text sometimes.

That's what smilies are for :p
(even if we don't have as many as we used to :unsure:)

I’d be a bit more excited for this if I thought it’d be focusing on Pokemon other than Gastly, Haunter and Gengar...

All the better to promote Let's Go, my dear! ;) (though you think they could let some other ghost types join in the fun...:cautious:)

Last edited:
Suiren's sisters Ho and Sui have been pestering Suiren about wanting to go to a haunted house. When she brings this up at the Pokémon School the next day, Acerola, who happens to be visiting from Ula'ula Island that day, gives her a certain idea: They'll host a haunted house in the Pokémon School's main building.

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director でんさおり (Saori Den)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Translation by Dephender

Acerola is back

Awesome! This episode was made for Acerola. As much as I love the Gastly line I still hope there are Ghost Pokemon from other Gens too, even if some are mostly in the background. Who knows, maybe Sensu Style Oricorio will make it's debut, I know it's not exactly scary/creepy design-wise, but it seems like just as good a time as any to show it in the anime. Looks like it could be another fun Halloween episode.

Last edited:
Acerola makes everything 1,000 times better. Fact. I hope she gets really chummy with Harper and Sarah.

What I'm curious about most is: will Ho and Sui meet Hoshi after all?

Let me think for ash and classmates costumes

Ash Ketchum: Eevee
Lillie: Alolan Vulpix
Kiawe: Charmeleon
Lana: Dewpider
Mallow: Tsareena
Sophocles: Pikachu
Acerola: Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom