• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM094: Great Gathering of Ghost Pokémon! Everyone's Haunted House!!

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
Spooky episode. Ash, acerola and Ash's classmates were having a nightmare dream created by Mismagius's Nightmare move. First off, Mallow and Sophocles were eating a chocolate house, until they became fat, then Ash, kiawe, Lillie and Pikachu were turned into dolls by Banette, and Lana and Acerola were dreaming about Alice in Wonderland reference, then Komala appeared which stopped the nightmare dream. Then on the last scene, Harper and Sarah were scared by Lana.

I will give the episode a 8.4/10

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I loved this episode, I love seeing Harper and Sarah and their endless amounts of energy, was nice to see the way Lana cared about them

This was certainly creepy but I'm glad we got to see more Ghost types, including a cameo from Duskull

Singaporean

Reaction score
What a fun episode and a great way to start Halloween. Yeah, a lot of Ghost types pokémon from previous generations come together in a way to spook them into dream world that is references to everything of the American horror story.

Also, love to see both Sophocles and Mallow obesity along with their pokémon after eating too much candy from candy house. You don't see that everyday, didn't it.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
I have a question. Does Professor Kukui appear in this episode? After watching it, he's nowhere to be seen, only his voice at the beginning of the episode can be heard.

KenzeyEevee

Eevee, the one with a kind heart
Reaction score
So Ash,Kiawe and Lillie didnt do anything because they were controled by that Banette. A shame Ghostium-Z didnt appear here

L-05308

Reaction score
A Ghost type focus episode without a Gengar in sight!

I genuinely didn’t think that would ever happen but great to see ghosts from all generations feature here.

Also, and I know Bulbapedia won’t mention anything that isn’t explicitly spelt out for us, they cleverly showed all 4 size forms of Gourgeist

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
A Ghost type focus episode without a Gengar in sight!

I genuinely didn’t think that would ever happen but great to see ghosts from all generations feature here.

Also, and I know Bulbapedia won’t mention anything that isn’t explicitly spelt out for us, they cleverly showed all 4 size forms of Gourgeist
I actually saw a fifth one, too.

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
The ending just reinforced my love towards Lana. She's such a colorful character, and seeing Harper and Sarah actually being scared for once during the episode felt satisfying to me.

Gabo2oo

Reaction score
I have a question. Does Professor Kukui appear in this episode? After watching it, he's nowhere to be seen, only his voice at the beginning of the episode can be heard.
He doesn't appear at all, but his VA is doing the narration again. Though I'm still not sure if he's supposed to be narrating in-character as Kukui, or as a third-person narrator like Ishizuka.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
....Here's an interesting thought: the J.A narrator was originally Oak's VA, and now it's Kukui's.

Both are probably the closest things Ash has to father figures.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
0/10

There wasn't a single Shadow Realm to be found and I expect it in my Halloween specials but nope, nothing here. Very disappointed, try harder next year guys.

Actual review: Pretty enjoyable episode especially for it's pure randomness.

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
0/10

There wasn't a single Shadow Realm to be found and I expect it in my Halloween specials but nope, nothing here. Very disappointed, try harder next year guys.

Actual review: Pretty enjoyable episode especially for it's pure randomness.
Hello there, Melvin! Have you been hugging a lot of people lately?

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
He doesn't appear at all, but his VA is doing the narration again. Though I'm still not sure if he's supposed to be narrating in-character as Kukui, or as a third-person narrator like Ishizuka.
Yeah, he's absent all right. Since his VA is listed in this episode, he doesn't really show up here, but instead, he does the narration.