• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM095: Wela Volcano, Golone, Golonya, and the Mountaineers!

Can't believe almost no one is talking about what's by far the most important thing in this episode. We're finally getting music from movie 20, guys! Which means we could have stuff like the Kanto battle themes, the classic "To Be Continued" music, Meeting and Parting and the actual Team Rocket's Secret Strategy instead of those knock-offs.

The new variation of the ending theme was added to this episode, Pikachu is no longer wearing his jack-o-lantern which was seen from SM091 to SM094.

This episode was absolutely pathetic and I can't believe Kiawe attacked innocent miners just trying to make a living

And they then show that Alolan Golem could've wrecked the rock hunters without even trying, which makes the entire plot of the episode beyond stupid

Add in the budgeted repetitive animation (count how many times they reuse shots), the complete waste of the girls, and you have a recipe for a completely forgettable episode with zero redeeming qualities unless you're into SM's brand of...

I really hesitate to call it "comedy" anymore

This episode was absolutely pathetic and I can't believe Kiawe attacked innocent miners just trying to make a living

And they then show that Alolan Golem could've wrecked the rock hunters without even trying, which makes the entire plot of the episode beyond stupid

Add in the budgeted repetitive animation (count how many times they reuse shots), the complete waste of the girls, and you have a recipe for a completely forgettable episode with zero redeeming qualities unless you're into SM's brand of...

I really hesitate to call it "comedy" anymore

How can I put this episode lightly. (I am the guy who likes most of S/M's episodes and normally has something to defend about them.)

The instant we confirmed that nothing of note was going to happen from the previews, I knew we were getting a dud of an episode.

Only three things (The Golem going crazy scene, the Metang fight and skipping the UG suit up scene!) Were the high lights of this episode... the rest I just don't care for. The rest of the episode, you worded it good enough.
At least the next episode shows better promise.

At first I really didn't know how I felt about this episode, but after watching it with the subs I have to say I wasn't into this one at all. My one highlight of this episode was the Alolan Golem firing the Geodude at everyone; that was awesome. Otherwise everything else just felt uninteresting to me if I'm going to be honest.

the Metang fight
...That wasn't a fight, it was two burly dudes ineffectually flexing on each other

Metapod vs Metapod was more of a fight than what that atrocity was, and set to music from M20, no less

It's like throwing Brawl's Final Destination track over a static picture of paint drying, or Duel of the Fates over a poop emoji

...That wasn't a fight, it was two burly dudes ineffectually flexing on each other

Metapod vs Metapod was more of a fight than what that atrocity was, and set to music from M20, no less

It's like throwing Brawl's Final Destination track over a static picture of paint drying, or Duel of the Fates over a poop emoji

They were punching each other and were trading hair. (Or hair by a rock types standards.) Speaking of which... it was kind of interesting that Golem's beard and mustache were a type of metal... but that was all I felt during that segment.

They were punching each other and were trading hair. (Or hair by a rock types standards.) Speaking of which... it was kind of interesting that Golem's beard and mustache were a type of metal... but that was all I felt during that segment.
Trading hair isn't really fighting either, that's just exchanging hair tips

I didn't see any punches, all I saw were Looney Tunes effects :p

The repetitiveness in the Metang vs Golem scenes made me cringe hard.

Trading hair isn't really fighting either, that's just exchanging hair tips

I didn't see any punches, all I saw were Looney Tunes effects :p
Yeah lol but Looney Tunes effects are funnier then this

The repetitiveness in the Metang vs Golem scenes made me cringe hard.
Jup, it was too long and got soo boring

After giving it some thought, I can't help but see Kiawe's outburst against the Rock Hunters being a bit over the top. They weren't stealing anything or doing anything else illegal. All they did even mildly wrong was disturb the local Pokémon, which hardly counts as "unforgivable" in my book.

Last edited:
Let's face it. Even though it's an UG episode, this episode actually doesn't include an Ultra Beast, but an Alolan Golem with Geodude and Graveler. The best way would be to skip this episode and watch the next episode.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom