• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM098: Splitting Up the Combination!? Satoshi and Rotom

Boring episode, literally. Ash and Rotom having argument then they reunion. Only thing about the funny part is where he recorded Ash's, Kiawe's and Mallow voice sample. Other than that, its still a unsatisfying plot.

I gave it, C-

Boring episode, literally. Ash and Rotom having argument then they reunion. Only thing about the funny part is where he recorded Ash's, Kiawe's and Mallow voice sample. Other than that, its still a unsatisfying plot.

I gave it, C-

I agree with you there Singaporean, we've had boring episodes in the past but this has to be one of the more boring episodes

I agree with you there Singaporean, we've had boring episodes in the past but this has to be one of the more boring episodes
This is the most boring episode I've ever seen. I'd rather skip it and wait for the next episode when our shaggy-haired Eevee makes an appearance in the main series.

The next episode has to make up for having a few months worth of boring fillers. It feels like Johto all over again when you have 8+ episodes with no progress in the story.

@PetitEevee
He's going to feel even more emotional after lose the league once again to restart his adventure elsewhere in a new region.
Happens all the time. He'll lose this league, and will lose the next 100 leagues.

Satoshi: Rotom, how could you leave me in Alola, just to follow your own dreams? How could you do this to me! How selfish you are!

Rotom: I'm staying! :cry:

Fourty episodes later

Satoshi: Good bye Lilie, Rotom, pokemon I catch here, and other people I care less about, I'm leaving Alola to go to GenVIII region. See ya!

Rotom: ... ... ... :mad:

So, these people in the film crew supposed to be a reference to anime staff? That director guy kinda looks like Kunihiko Yuyama.

Last edited:
Does sun and moon series will be remembered for many awesome things and many unique things that made it great, the talking Pokédex is not one of those levels.

I sure wish team rocket would have been here to make things more interesting!

Oh and the Eevee stuff is underwhelming as hell...

So, what nudged Rotom into staying? I'm interested in that one detail. This might be a redeeming factor to me. I'll be disappointed if it's just because Laki suddenly didn't want it around.

Happens all the time. He'll lose this league, and will lose the next 100 leagues.
@UxieLover1994
And yet, people still foolishly believed that he's is going to win in Alola League as we've already know the series had been rigged to design for him to lose just to get an excuse to go for another adventure in a new region.

I had a feeling this was gonna be a boring episode when I first saw it was a Rotom-dex episode. Boy was I right. This was probably one of the most boring fillers in the whole series, and we’ve had a lot of boring filler this series.
Tell me about it. Every episode that focuses on Rotom-dex is always a boring filler. But at least the next episodes will be better.

@UxieLover1994
And yet, people still foolishly believed that he's is going to win in Alola League as we've already know the series had been rigged to design for him to lose just to get an excuse to go for another adventure in a new region.

You know Ash's reputation is in shambles when the TV Tropes Pantheon implies he and Pikachu are the Status Quo's "toys" who are mentally frozen in time. Even Peter Pan and Bart Simpson have medium awareness, and they, too, don't age.

I had a feeling this was gonna be a boring episode when I first saw it was a Rotom-dex episode. Boy was I right. This was probably one of the most boring fillers in the whole series, and we’ve had a lot of boring filler this series.

The whole series has been mostly filler, and I have a feeling that this would be a redoing of Johto and Unova in having several planned subplots scrapped. I can't foresee Guzma appearing, it is too late for Lana and Popplio's arc to be concluded, both the Motherbeast and Necrozma arcs are done, the Ultra Guardians apparently replaced Looker and Anabel's post-game mission, and it is very unlikely Team Rainbow Rocket will be adapted with this series having a 3-7 demographic.

Too much filler leads to the series becoming boring, and while this series has had some good fillers, they seem to be running out of ideas when they just repeat certain clichés. Today's episode reminds me too much of Deep Jungle in Kingdom Hearts and Umbris in Ratchet & Clank, both involving a friendship-breaking fight between the main characters.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom