• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM099: Eievui, Where Are You Going? To Go Anywhere to Meet Up!

Yeah. People (including myself) wanted the girls to get second captures, and when it finally happens, they get pissed off and think that Ash (who already has 4 Pokemon) should catch Eevee instead.

It’s all because the specific Pokémon that Lana caught wasn’t a Pokémon people expected-slash-wanted her to have, which I can understand to some extent; it would’ve been much more fitting for her to get the Dewpider from way back when.

That being said...
upload_2018-12-4_20-6-29.jpeg

Is THIS really necessary?

Last edited:
People were just upset that Poipole got released and they wanted something to fill that void.
Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed that Poipole was released as well (especially since the preview for that episode kind of indicated that it would stay with the gang), but the reaction I saw on YouTube to this capture was — frankly — just ridiculous.
Agreed. Some fans take this way too seriously.

Also, my personal theory is still that Poipole will return at some point, even if only temporarily. Like Goodra did.

Lillie was only prominent because she had a big arc dedicated to her, with buildup that started right from the first episode. But now that it's over, other girls like Lana can get to shine too.
I mean, ever since the Aether arc, the writers have made sure to give Lille cute kawaii moments whenever possible (as well as some adventures where they're trying to give her some kind of new goal), which would make one believe that she is the writers' favorite (you could say she's their special snowflake:D). And on the "Lana getting more development" subject, considering Sun & Moon's track record at juggling Ash,his classmates', their Pokémon's, Rotom Dex's, Professor Kukui's and the TRio's character arcs (+ the fact that they're now giving character depth to some of the background characters), well... I guess this quote applies here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=scVJL19akH0.

Anyways, moving one from the whole Lana/Eevee debacle (honestly we won't know whether this was the greatest idea the writers have had lately or a terrible mistake to be detested for years to come until later down the road, when we approach the last episodes), am I the only one who noticed that Kiawe's Charizard was a little more... I don't know... expresive. It was actually nice to see it react with more than its usual static expression. Maybe this means we'll finally see the big orange block get some traits other than being Kiawe's HM slave (and since we're on the subject, isn't it ironic that Gen VII is universally praised for finally getting rid of HMs, while this series is (as far as I remember) the first to introduce a Pokémon that has been exclusively used as an HM slave by one of the main characters).

Geez. I've seen people taking disappointment way too far before, but this... This is in a whole new level of overly serious.

Honestly, though, this is nothing. During the XY era, people actually sent death threats to the writers over the events within certain episodes.

Honestly, though, this is nothing. During the XY era, people actually sent death threats to the writers over the events within certain episodes.
Dear Arceus. And I thought the petition that apparently was made in protest of the Kalos League finals was bad enough...

Dear Arceus. And I thought the petition that apparently was made in protest of the Kalos League finals was bad enough...

Yeeeah... a huge portion of the modern Pokémon anime fanbase’s behavior is extremely concerning nowadays.

Still, though...

EF03E04C-1D1F-4EF4-8164-48AF05507863.jpeg
D6F3F870-0DEC-4010-BF27-C1864BF5089E.jpeg
11C789DD-875E-484E-BADE-559A9EFC2F6F.jpeg

Not all positivity-slash-sanity is lost.

I'm just amazed at the site of said Lana father.

Lana_father.png

Guy looks nearly how'd I would picure him....bar one things.

One could be a issue of the SM artstyle, as I could have pictured him more muscled.

It’s all because the specific Pokémon that Lana caught wasn’t a Pokémon people expected-slash-wanted her to have, which I can understand to some extent; it would’ve been much more fitting for her to get the Dewpider from way back when.

That being said...
View attachment 114405
Is THIS really necessary?

Attachments

• 2nxrwz.jpg
    2nxrwz.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 134
About 8-9 months after this episode aired, I’d just like to point out a few things;

1) Fans: WTF, why don’t any of the girls have a second Pokemon?
Writers: Give Lana an Eevee that had no connection to Ash, was friends with Popplio, and loved the sea.
Fans: Why did Lana catch this Eevee? Ash only has 4 Pokemon, Lana doesn’t deserve another Pokemon. REEEEEEEEEE

Also, seeing the family photo at the end there with Sandy smiling and happy that he finally has a family made me tear up a little bit, not gonna lie.

About 8-9 months after this episode aired, I’d just like to point out a few things;

1) Fans: WTF, why don’t any of the girls have a second Pokemon?
Writers: Give Lana an Eevee that had no connection to Ash, was friends with Popplio, and loved the sea.
Fans: Why did Lana catch this Eevee? Ash only has 4 Pokemon, Lana doesn’t deserve another Pokemon. REEEEEEEEEE

Also, seeing the family photo at the end there with Sandy smiling and happy that he finally has a family made me tear up a little bit, not gonna lie.

....I suppose the best logic I can think of is that it seemed like an Ash Pokemon to some people for whatever reason. That was at least the logic back then.

Lana anger I don't get, must be fair to say. She's best SM girl

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom