• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM100: The Lighting Bolt that Severs the Wind! Its Name is Zeraora!!

An intense episode ever since the Necrozma Arc. Does anyone really think both Tapu Kokos opening up a rift kinda be a tribute to this non-canon Dragon Ball GT Super 17 Arc, except minus the teleportation?

It was better than Fallout 76.
@RetroPokeFan
I'll know what you mean, even though that game sucks. You've still bought it, that what a long time gamer fan is.

Nevertheless, the opening rift concept, I'll can think of is the non-canon Dragon Ball GT Super 17 Arc, when Hell Fighter 17 and Android 17 powered up after the original being brainwashed from telepathic. What a great tribute.

It was a really nice episode! The Ash of that other world in the flashback reminds me of Kalos Ash or Red.

This was the intense episode. Ash and Pikachu were battling Tapu Koko, but it interrupted and teleported to the alternate world, especially Pokémon school, which was on the ruins, all the cities and towns were on the ruins created by Guzzlord. And Ash met Dia and Zeraora, but Pikachu was defeated by Zeraora on using Plasma Fists move.
What happens when Ash and Pikachu returns to Alola by defeating Guzzlord? The answer is... Next episode for the next week
I give this episode a 9.3/10.

YOOW HOLY SHET REGI THEME THAT WAS LONG AGO!

Is this the only post-Sinnoh episode that used a pre-Sinnoh/Sinnoh BGM (let's not count Sinnoh gym leader theme that was used in movie 16 and Latios/Latias theme was used in movie 18)?

Local Guzzlord ruins everything!

Let's start with him, munching away at the ruins of a world he has ruined and started going after Ash, the thing's roars.... sound like a scream. It ATE Pikachu's thunder bolt. (Guzzlord is a dark/ dragon with a butt load of health, that is expected.)

Dia and Zeraora are fighters enough... and as expected, the fight was fast and to the point in that Pikachu was going to get his butt kicked.
The second part of this episode looks SO grim and bleak. I love it!

This episode is a rare find.

It actually featured a pokemon that knows four moves.

Not only that, but it's one of the few post-Sinnoh episodes that uses pre-Sinnoh/Sinnoh BGM and it's been 8 years since a trainer in the anime who owns a Legendary/Mythical made an appearance (the others being Noland (13 years ago), Brandon (12 years ago), random Heatran trainer (9 years ago), Tobias (8 years ago) and the Nurse Joy with her Latias (8 years ago)).

Last edited:
Certainly promising to be an interesting arc, the trainers who fought Guzzlord reminded me of the Ultra Recon Squad
@BigDocFan
The only thing is just two episode, which is kinda ashamed. Otherwise, it will be by the best Sun And Moon Arc ever.

I'll also forgot to put a rate on this episode. Overall rating: A-

Local Guzzlord ruins everything!

The second part of this episode looks SO grim and bleak. I love it!
Compared to Sun and Moon cheerful nature, it is indeed bleak and grim. I don't understand why Ash had to fight that Dia, instead they could battle or come up with a plan to defeat Guzzlord. If the only reason is to show some of moves that the Thunderclap pokémon has, then they could just let it fight Guzzlord without fighting pikachu. Say, how they will defeat Guzzlord or even trap it?

Yeah, I know, but Bulbapedia rarely acknowledges it these days.

Oh no, that move that looks exactly like Moonblast was not named as Moonblast- let’s ignore that Lunalaa did anything at all, and we go thorough encyclopaedia?

For the record, Guzzlord used Hyper Voice and Toxic (or possibly Gastro Acid?)

This episode was great, at some points legitimately scary! And a shiny Tapu Koko? Colour me intrigued!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom