• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review SM101: Fire! The Twin Sparking Gigavolt of Friendship!!

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Overall, a nice short arc with little filler though Ash seems to have forgotten about alternative universes
How did he come back to alola? Strange use of XYZ here...

Reaction score
Great episode and I glad to see how Zeraora get along with Ash after his determination for not losing and getting up. Also, good bye to him along with Dia's. Whenever, we've going to see them again or not in the episode. Again, Tapu Koko didn't interfere of getting rid the Guzzlord in the first place is probably a testimony for Dia to deal himself. Before, it finally bring light to the island and the whole region after Black Gulper monster is gone for good. Ash telling those story of himself to his classmate in Ultra Ruins may going to be forgotten.

Overall, I give this episode an A.

Reaction score
This was a really great episode. Good story, good battles, good character development, and just extremely solid all around. The animation in this episode also made me realize that when it wants to, the battle animations in this series can be better than XY, even with the background stripes. Also, I’m glad that Dia isn’t “Alola Tobias” and that people who said Ash is going to lose the league to him can shut up.

Reaction score
People are going crazy because they used the XYZ theme. So funny. I think it didnt really fit the Z-Move scene tbh

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
This episode was great and awesome, Dia and Ash battled together, until Shiny Tapu Koko appeared. Pikachu and Zeraora both used thunderbolt and plasma fist to make sure Ash and Pikachu return to Alola.
I give this episode an B+.

People are going crazy because they used the XYZ theme. So funny. I think it didnt really fit the Z-Move scene tbh
That theme for XYZ used first when Dark Fire battled with Pikachu, Diggersby (Bunnelby's dream), Zygarde Core (Squishy), Froakie (Ash's Frogadier), Meowth and Delphox (Serena's Braixen) back on episode 5 for XYZ series.

Reaction score
Did you guys notice something different about the pics Ash picked up inside the ruins of the Pokemon School? In the preview of the episode, the photos of the classmates with an Emolga, Vulpix and Seel seem to be normal, but in the actual episode itself, the pictures are old, damaged and barely burned.

Reaction score
Did you guys notice something different about the pics Ash picked up inside the ruins of the Pokemon School? In the preview of the episode, the photos of the classmates with an Emolga, Vulpix and Seel seem to be normal, but in the actual episode itself, the pictures are old, damaged and barely burned.
Sometimes people update things the week before. Anime tend to have that compared to western animations.

Reaction score
I really liked the episode, Ash was an inspiration for others, I like that Ash. Dia was actually impressed by Ash, and Ash coming up with a plan to stop Guzzlord was also very cool! Only XYZ, while I like it and I understand it was to make the episode even more serious, didn't fit the Z-move scene.

Reaction score
Solid conclusion to the Guzzlord two-parter. That is all.

Reaction score
That was a conclusion to an awesome two part arc.
Even though it was mostly dialogue, I liked how Ash was bonding with Dia and Zeraora in his normally friendly way and it seemed to snap Dia out of his edgy mood.

But the biggest highlight is once again Guzzlord and how it fought. As expected... a Z move finisher brought and end to the fight. But more that it shoved Guzzlord back into the wormhole he came from. (Also thumbs up for electro web being a MUCH more useful move than electro ball could ever hope to be.)

I give my hat to the anime for portraying Guzzlord straight, from start to finish as a threat and giving Ultra Ruin as a whole the respect it deserved.

Reaction score
Everyone that's saying XYZ doesn't fit the Z-move scene clearly weren't paying attention during the XY saga, and that saddens me

I guess they should've used Alola!!, right?
Agreed I said that xyz didnt fit this scene, but that doesnt mean I agreed with choice of using xYZ in XYZ