• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM101: Fire! The Twin Sparking Gigavolt of Friendship!!

Sit back and watch as videos titled “ASH’S GRENINJA IS COMING BACK CONFIRMED” start spawning all over Youtube.
It got worse when someone on youtube took offense to Ash Greninja's theme being used in Sun and Moon.

Even though the scene where Guzzlord was knocked into the wormhole screaming was awesome and the music only added to the awesomeness.

Last edited by a moderator:
It got worse when someone on youtube took offense to Ash Greninja's theme being used in Sun and Moon.

Even though the scene where Guzzlord was knocked into the wormhole screaming was awesome and the music only added to the awesomeness.

Who you referring to? Verlisfy?

...Or are there other controversial Poketubers?

Other than how the Hell did electricity create a portal and how it seems as if the 2 Tapu Koko are communicating, this episode was awesome and did not disappoint. The atmospher was intense and got the seriousness it deserved. I give this episode a 9.5/10 (since 10/10 is too perfect).

Who you referring to? Verlisfy?

...Or are there other controversial Poketubers?
A commenter called Ash Greninja, the sock puppet account of Edman if you ever heard of him. (His main account finally gotten banned from Solgaleo's channel and it shouldn't be long for the poketuber to find out and drop le hammer!)
I'd like to copy-paste one of his comments here, just to show what we're talking about here, but Solgaleo doesn't keep episodes out for long to avoid copyright claims, so the newest episode has already been removed from his channel, preventing me from doing that right now. But yeah. He's an obnoxious guy who shows up at every single new SM episode/preview that's posted on Solgaleo's YouTube channel and posts long rants about why he thinks it sucks, despite everyone telling him to leave if he hates the series so much and his reasonings being full of opinionated bias.

(Also, Ash Greninja is Edman? Geez. Just how low can one stoop to get his rants heard at any cost...)

He's an obnoxious guy who shows up at every single new SM episode/preview that's posted on Solgaleo's YouTube channel and posts long rants about why he thinks it sucks, despite everyone telling him to leave if he hates the series so much and his reasonings being full of opinionated bias.

(Also, Ash Greninja is Edman? Geez. Just how low can one stoop to get his rants heard at any cost...)
@FinnishPokéFan92
Yeah, that guy is really notorious always find a lot of way to hate the series no matter what ever since after XY ended. Also, do you believe, he had associated with the government agency?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really disappointed with this episode. I thought the discussion of parralel worlds would be more interesting, but it is too casual and boring. Ash should be the one more familiar with this concept, instead of Dia.

As is usual for Pokeani, great build-up with a damp squib conclusion. Why did they spend so long dicking around with "training" in the first part of the episode? It added little in the way of character development but served the purpose of being unnecessary padding, resulting in a rushed resolution. I am glad they used the XYZ instrumental though - I forgot how hype-y that song is! - and of course the animation was solid.

I'm surprised this wasn't broadcast as a one hour special. Overall I loved this little two-parter. I really hope they bring back Dia and Zeraora. Even more, I'd love if they got their own little spin-off arc similar to the Mega Evolution mini series from XY.

Stray Thoughts:
- It never occurred to me just how many Pokemon between both English and Japanese have the word "king" in their names.
- Dia's lucky that someone in Alola knew how to do dreadlocks! Seriously, who opened a salon during the apocalypse?!
- Pikachu eating the berry is one of the most adorable things he's ever done.
- More Zeraora please! That things is adorable and badass. My favorite combination!
- Zeraora's expression while Satoshi hugged it was priceless.
- So now that we know Dia is not Red does this mean we can expect some clickbait retractions?
- I know Satoshi's an optimist but you'd think he'd be just a little bit more concerned that there was a possibility he'd never get to see his family and friends again.
- That Guzzlord's scream is still terrifying. I love it!
- Guzzlord's small head reminds me of Zeraim and the big head reminds me of Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
- XYZ theme is back!

Last edited:
The episode was decent. Its strongest point was how Ash and Dia obtained a sincere friendship in such a small amount of time via battling, they feel closer than Ash and Gladion and are a very badass duo. The structure was nice but predictable. However, it had many mistakes: The Ultra Rangers subplot was dropped and they weren't even mentioned, the main battle was rushed, did Guzzlord even used a move?, and...The Tapu Koko Ex Machina.

I'm going to rant about it because it wasn't necessary at all. They could have Dia's Z-ring unlocked with Pikachu's light, or changing the reason: Dia not wanting no perform the Z-move because he felt he didn't had a strong bond with Zeraora, or because Zeraora always felt tired after performing it. Maybe they would have created a plothole of why Tapu Koko2 didn't help before, but I'd choose the lesser of two evils...Or they could have shown Tapu Koko2 as weakened, and have no evils at all!

Anyway, this is possibly the best dramatic 2+-parter of SM thus far, but I don't know why it keeps using very old tropes.

The awesome Ash-Greninja theme really made the episode for me. It did get a bit on my nerves though at the beginning when Ash was clearly annoying Zeraora, Dia even pointing it out, yet Ash stating that it wanted to participate. Don't ever try to act coy, Ash, you'll just come off as a prick.

It did get a bit on my nerves though at the beginning when Ash was clearly annoying Zeraora, Dia even pointing it out, yet Ash stating that it wanted to participate. Don't ever try to act coy, Ash, you'll just come off as a prick.

Actually, the whole point of that scene (from what I could tell) was that Zeraora DID want to help Ash train and that Dia couldn’t tell. Remember how it began to smile in the middle of its battle with Pikachu?

Re-watched it again with a second thought. I'll wondering Guzzlord have become an Immigrant pokémon wandering through Ultra Space trying to find some world that it can consume everything again and I bet most of them are probably won't welcome it to their world.

How did he come back to alola? Strange use of XYZ here...
why they didnt put this on the game? or maybe we can dream of another rpg core for 3ds.... only dreams... it could be nice...

Re-watched it again with a second thought. I'll wondering Guzzlord have become an Immigrant pokémon wandering through Ultra Space trying to find some world that it can consume everything again and I bet most of them are probably won't welcome it to their world.
i thought that this ultra beasts was some kind of evil group of pokemon from another dimension ruled by necrzoma, but no. they were like just regular pokemon wondering throught the ultra space....

So, the whole Akujiking thing happened because people destroyed the nature of Alola, which caused Kapu Kokeko to abandon them, which in turn caused Z power to vanish.
Kapu Kokeko send Satoshi to parallel universe so he can help Dia to defeat the UB.
By seeing Satoshi and Pikachu's example, Dia and Zeraora bonded with each other, which make them worthy again to use Z moves.
Most definitely wanted to avoid copyright as possible.
What does it had to do with copyright?
Also, I’m glad that Dia isn’t “Alola Tobias” and that people who said Ash is going to lose the league to him can shut up.
They promised to battle against each other again in future, so I wouldn't rule it out yet.

Last edited:
Dia and Zeraora bonded with each other, which make them worthy again to use Z moves.

I haven’t watched this episode yet but does that imply that previously Dia and Zeraora didn’t have a strong enough bond to use Z-Moves? Because it seems very far fetched to me that Dia and Zeraora didn’t have such a bond before,

I haven’t watched this episode yet but does that imply that previously Dia and Zeraora didn’t have a strong enough bond to use Z-Moves? Because it seems very far fetched to me that Dia and Zeraora didn’t have such a bond before,
No. Ash wasn't able to use Z-Moves either. It was because Tapu Koko had abandoned the land that the use of Z-Moves had become impossible.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom