• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM102: Alola at Alola! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm...meaningful character interactions between two regions or...tired old Team Rocket shenanigans that we've literally seen a thousand times before...

Seems we're remaking SM042/43, the former of which had Misty and Brock return, then a Team Rocket battle, and the latter has a battle between Alola and Kanto characters

I want to like these episodes, but man do they have a massive hill to overcome

Best to set my expectations low and hope for the worst so I can be pleasantly surprised

Kasumi on that Mantine has me all gooey :love:

Obviously I'm glad the Rockets will be in this, not least because it would be absurd for the only other original characters not to be around to interact with Kasumi & Takeshi. Maybe some of you have forgotten because twerp/TRio interactions have become utterly meaningless, but they all actually bounced off one another quite a lot back in the days.

Yeah. It was a vandal user who inserted all sorts of crud onto pages last night. Fortunately, he's been blocked now.

PS. Maybe we could remove these two comments to avoid reminding anyone of this?
Yeah, that is fine feel free to remove them. Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy and was unable to check all week.

As far as Misty and Brock’s Pokemon appearing goes, I think they can easily be broken into a few groups:

Guaranteed: Psyduck, Gyarados, Steelix, Geodude

Probably: Staryu, Crobat

Possibly: Goldeen, Starmine, Horsea

Unlikely: Chansey

Definitely will not be appearing: Politoed, Corsola, Forretress, Ludicolo, Marshtomp, Sudowoodoo, Crogunk

If those guys had 0% chance, these two may not have ever existed: Luvdisc, Azuril

Guaranteed: Psyduck, Gyarados, Steelix, Geodude

Probably: Staryu, Crobat

Possibly: Goldeen, Starmine, Horsea

Unlikely: Chansey

Sorry, but rather Steelix and Crobat are doubtful because they're Gen 2 (unless they use the loopole of that evolve from Gen 1 Pokes, and even that's doubtful:cautious:)

And hell, Misty never did anything with Goldeen, Starmie, and especially Horsea back in Kanto, so why would they bother to have her use them NOW?o_O

Sorry, but rather Steelix and Crobat are doubtful because they're Gen 2 (unless they use the loopole of that evolve from Gen 1 Pokes, and even that's doubtful:cautious:)

Steelix is guaranteed because it’s Brock’s main Pokémon, and Mega Evolution and it appeared as Brock’s main Pokémon in the previous two parter.

Crobat’s status is up in the air though.

Steelix is guaranteed because it’s Brock’s main Pokémon, and Mega Evolution and it appeared as Brock’s main Pokémon in the previous two parter.

Agreed, but this time they have Gen 1 remakes to promote...:unsure:
(the awkward part is that Brock barely even has any Kanto Pokemon :confused:)

And hell, Misty never did anything with Goldeen, Starmie, and especially Horsea back in Kanto, so why would they bother to have her use them NOW?o_O

I hear what you’re saying but what did Brock ever do with Geodude? I don’t think they will appear though, but they are more likely than Chansey, Corsola and the others...

Summary and cast list
Sadly back during Kanto and Johto, their Pokemon rarely if ever showed any personality which would be nice to see change

Summaries and cast list, provided by Adamant on pocketmonsters.net

Takeshi and Kasumi have come to Alola! They enjoy all that Alola has to offer by joining the others in sightseeing, Maintain Surfing and the like! However, the evil clutches of the Rocket Gang descend upon these hours of enjoyment...

Summary:
Takeshi and Kasumi have come to Alola! They enjoy all that Alola has to offer by joining the others in eating pancakes at Noa's, going shopping, and the like! They even go Mantain Surfing to a treasure island! The hours of enjoyment pass by way too fast... and then the Rocket Gang goes after the group. They close in on the group, attempting to steal their Pokémon using an all new Nyarth Robot!
Note that there will be a break next week. The next episode airs Sunday January 6th 2019 at 6pm!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth