• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM102: Alola at Alola! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Overall, the TRio had a good plan, capturing the Mantine before going for Pikachu, but what ruined the plan was poor execution.

Things that they could've done to make the plan go better:
1. They should've posted a lookout to watch out for the twerps
2. When catching the Mantine, they should've been more discreet and quiet, no matter how much the Mantine were resisting
3. Realize that it's not worth ruining their plan trying to catch all the Mantine if they already caught plenty
4. After they were spotted, TRio should have fled to drop off the Mantine at their base before returning for Pikachu, so that if they lose, at least they have Mantine to give to HQ
5. Screw the motto

Last edited:
Overall, the TRio had a good plan, capturing the Mantine before going for Pikachu, but what ruined the plan was poor execution.

2. When catching the Mantine, they should've been more discreet and quiet, no matter how much the Mantine were resisting
3. Realize that it's not worth ruining their plan trying to catch all the Mantine if they already caught plenty
4. After they were spotted, TRio should have fled to drop off the Mantine at their base before returning for Pikachu, so that if they lose, at least they have Mantine to give to HQ
5. Screw the motto
Every. Single. Time Team Rocket captures pokémon, they idiotically think "and let's get Pikachu too!" and screw themselves over despite the fact Pikachu are a dime a dozen right next door to Viridian City

Can't believe I forgot to comment on the episode! I watched it the day it came out but then got wrapped up in holiday prep, so totally forgot to leave my thoughts.

I watched it without subs, but I felt I understood enough of what was going on. Besides, the episode was sugary sweet and super cute, so I basically had a dumb smile on my face the entire time even when I wasn't 100% sure of what was being said. There wasn't too much plot there, but I have very low expectations when Brock and Misty show up because I'm just happy to see them. So as long as the episode is fun for me to watch, I pretty much give it a pass, and that's what this was for me.

Misty with the Alola girls was super cute! I really think their personalities mesh well. It was kind of weird to not have Brock there most of the time, but ultimately, I really enjoyed this being a Misty focused episode and getting to see her interactions with the SM cast.

It's been over a week since I initially watched it, so I'm sure some more specific moments are escaping me, but overall I had so much fun watching the episodes and felt it was a treat!

The Rocket trio are sitting there resigned to the fact that nothing's changed since the last time they reported to Sakaki and I'm just sitting there like "well maybe if the show would give you more screentime you couldn've accomplished more by now!!

Mikuri said:
Why blame Team Rocket when the first half of the episode was completely uneventful? Mantine surfing took too much screentime. Playing with Alolan Exeggutor took too much screentime. But of course Team Rocket are the ones to blame.

WatcherMark said:
At least Team Rocket injected some excitement into this episode. I could do without another episode revolving around nothing but looking at how nice Alola is.

SAY. IT. AGAIN. FOR. THE. PEOPLE. IN. THE. BACK!!!!!!!

The Rocket trio are sitting there resigned to the fact that nothing's changed since the last time they reported to Sakaki and I'm just sitting there like "well maybe if the show would give you more screentime you couldn've accomplished more by now!!
Imagine if they hadn't stopped to capture the Ride Pokemon in SM086 - they had a good haul of Alolan pokemon, a link to Necrozma and the overrated rat that isn't even all that special at long last - they could've been halfway back to Kanto before anyone noticed their pokemon were gone

Imagine if they spent time going out and capturing pokemon elsewhere instead of stalking schoolkids and selling donuts

5. Screw the motto

Also having Bewear rescuing them too.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom