• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM102: Alola at Alola! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Great episode, especially Mega Evolve is still a thing and yeah glad to see Treasure Island once more with a strong continuity of pokémon there, that they remembered Ash spending time with him during all the way back in episode 20. Yeah, it will be great if Team Rocket doesn't appeared and also their second blast off ever since after episode 16.

Overall, I give this episode a B+.

What a boring episode. It's nice that fans of Misty and Brock can watch their beloved characters again, but this episode wasn't a good one.

So Misty gets to visit a store and surf on a Mantine. Meh. Wish the writers would show more of Misty interacting with Lana and maybe tell us how much she has honed her skills as a Trainer of Water-type Pokémon. Seemingly being a pro on Mantine surfing is not what I was expecting. Oh, and here I thought Misty would be fine with Cutiefly and Ribombee because they're cute. Misty didn't have a problem with cute-looking Bug-type Pokémon in the original series.

About Brock, well, he should be wearing a white coat if he is serious about being a Pokémon Doctor. Seeing him in male nurse uniforms made him look as competent as Ash and his classmates back in Real Life...Inquire Within!.

Hopefully the next one will be better.

What a boring episode. It's nice that fans of Misty and Brock can watch their beloved characters again, but this episode wasn't a good one.

So Misty gets to visit a store and surf on a Mantine. Meh. Wish the writers would show more of Misty interacting with Lana and maybe tell us how much she has honed her skills as a Trainer of Water-type Pokémon. Seemingly being a pro on Mantine surfing is not what I was expecting. Oh, and here I thought Misty would be fine with Cutiefly and Ribombee because they're cute. Misty didn't have a problem with cute-looking Bug-type Pokémon in the original series.

About Brock, well, he should be wearing a white coat if he is serious about being a Pokémon Doctor. Seeing him in male nurse uniforms made him look as competent as Ash and his classmates back in Real Life...Inquire Within!.

Hopefully the next one will be better.
Yeah it felt a bit flat. And TRio took much screentime away

A cool episode! Not quite as interesting as SM042 mind you, and I would've preferred it if they focused a little more on the Misty-Lana dynamic rather than throwing in the all-too-predictable B-plot of TR trying to steal the Mantine, but overall it was still pretty funny and enjoyable, and nice seeing some more interactions between the class and Misty/Brock.

Looking forward to the next episode with Brock & Olivia for sure!

That was a feel good episode!

Pros out of the way first, once again Giovanni's involvement in the plot is looming closer. He isn't done yet and this foreshadowing confirms it. What was expected to be pure filler has something important plot wise to tell. Brock and Misty were gold, though I wished they and Ash interacted more. Misty by the way looks gorgeous!

Most of the episode was Ash, the classmates and Misty having a good time. That is all to it, Mantine surf, the meadow. (Thank you for keeping Misty's bug phobia as a joke!) All of it feels good which is nice to think about compared to how bleak it was in the Guzzlord special!

Team Rocket showing up with a semi durable robot was nice to see and I liked how everyone actually chipped in to blowing it up. Even if it didn't do anything. (Gyarados was wrapping itself around it!) Plus they actually blasted off this time instead of having Bewear show up to punish them.

Now for the Cons. Besides the feel good aspect, nothing of major importance has happened this episode. I mentioned Ash and the old duo should have interacted more.
They missed a chance to have a Wimpod show up and give Misty an identity crisis and while the Rocket Mecha was something the JJM have always done in the anime of old.... their role in this episode was to foreshadow a RR adaptation and then get beaten up by the twerps when they are given no directions.

7/10. We all been spoiled by the Guzzlord episode and this isn't the Guzzlord episode. But this makes me feel good.

lack of battle between Misty and someone... where are the battles?
I think they lost a lot in what the series was good at.
Like the comedy ascpect but this shouldn't be a animated soap opera only...

Seriously as a non battle episode it's a 5/10 only.

Team Rocket doesnt coun as a proper battle...
where are my gyms, my league and tag battles?
where are the tournaments?

Last edited:
Loved this Episode. Similar to SM042. I still like SM042 better than this one. This episode wasn't even bad. An enjoyable one which is what I want from SM and I got that. Also NOSTALGIA AT THE END with Original Trio Camping. I have to see the Team Rocket calling headquarters scene once the sub comes out. It may be something important that could foreshadow future events. A nice enjoyable episode. 8/10

lack of battle between Misty and someone... where are the battles?
I think they lost a lot in what the series was good at.
Like the comedy ascpect but this shouldn't be a animated soap opera only...

Seriously as a non battle episode it's a 5/10 only.

Team Rocket doesnt coun as a proper battle...
where are my gyms, my league and tag battles?
where are the tournaments?
Not everything has to be about battling. An episode can be good even without it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom