• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

PREVIEW: SM103: A Passionate Heart That Can Smash Even Rock! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Please don't tell me this will make Brock stick around. We DON'T need another friend who barely does anything, thank you!

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I for some reason didn't even think about the potential of this encounter, and now that it's in front of me I'm very mad I didn't! This sounds like pure gold.

I also totally forgot Olivia caught the bouquet at the wedding. And this series, the writers don't seem to forget about much they put in. Could just be wishful thinking, but...I'm so excited for this.

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
16 is marrying age in Japan. I don't think the anime ever confirmed Brock's age.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Brock isn’t going to marry Olivia. Isn’t he supposed to be 15?
And since Olivia is already worrying about her age, that puts her at well over twenty, since twenty-six or so is when Japan thinks women become "old" and uninteresting apparently

Reaction score
Finally, this is what I wanted from Brock's visit!
I wanted to see him meet Olivia, Lusamine, and Wicke. The attractive women of the region up for grabs

Please don't tell me this will make Brock stick around. We DON'T need another friend who barely does anything, thank you!
Uh
Akala and Ula'Ula characters rarely ever pop up. If he stays cause of Olivia, he'd be over there.
That's the problem with this series, if they're not Melemele native you'll never see them except once in a blue moon.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Why is it called pandering when it's referencing another region, but nostalgia when they shove old characters from said region down our throats

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
Why is it called pandering when it's referencing another region, but nostalgia when they shove old characters from said region down our throats
Okay, I meant that they're focusing way too much on the Kanto stuff because of the reasons I mentioned above.

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually thinks they're getting married...I still think it's amazing they actually showed a wedding between two adult characters.

Besides, I'm always down for watching Brock get dragged away from pretty girls (although I have to agree that it would be Misty dragging him away...I can't imagine Crogunk showing up when this is pretty blatant Let's Go promotion). I never really liked Crogunk, but Misty watching it poison jab Brock would be pretty funny. Don't see it happening, though.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
"Four episodes (42, 43, 102, 103) out of over a hundred episodes"
"Focusing way too much on Kanto"

You sure you're doing your math right?
Because the other regions ended up with zero focus. Totodile so far is the only Non-Kanto Pokemon owned by Ash that even got acknowledged. Only the Kanto Pokemon owned by the OG traveling group were shown in the lab episodes.

That combined with some people's opinion that Kanto's getting too much focus in games (including me) gives a sentiment of too much focus on Kanto by the franchise as a whole.

Also keep in mind we’ve got all OS-based movies in a series about Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.