• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM103: A Passionate Heart That Can Smash Even Rock! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also keep in mind we’ve got all OS-based movies in a series about Alola.
@PkmnTrainerV
Speaking of that. Next year, will be the third one featuring Mewtwo returns as Mega Form, where Meltan and Melmetal may play a major role to that.

Three Mythical Pokémon dunning each other. It's going to be interesting.

@PkmnTrainerV
Speaking of that. Next year, will be the third one featuring Mewtwo returns as Mega Form, where Meltan and Melmetal may play a major role to that.

Three Mythical Pokémon dunning each other. It's going to be interesting.
Ahem...

1) We don't know if it'll be a Mega Mewtwo or some other Mewtwo thing we don't know of yet. And based on the evidence we have right now, I'm leaning towards the latter possibility.

2) Meltan and/or Melmetal have not been confirmed to appear in the next movie. While it's completely possible, again, it hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at.

3) Only Meltan and Melmetal are Mythical. Mewtwo is a Legendary. Remember the difference.

Ahem...

1) We don't know if it'll be a Mega Mewtwo or some other Mewtwo thing we don't know of yet. And based on the evidence we have right now, I'm leaning towards the latter possibility.

2) Meltan and/or Melmetal have not been confirmed to appear in the next movie. While it's completely possible, again, it hasn't been confirmed or even hinted at.

3) Only Meltan and Melmetal are Mythical. Mewtwo is a Legendary. Remember the difference.
@FinnishPokéFan92

1) Yeah, we're going to wait the trailer comes out and see how the plot going to be.

2) Yes, I know, those two still haven't mentioned either of them going to be in the 22nd movie or not.

3) Thanks for correcting for me. But judging from previous two movie as followed, Movie 22nd is going to be the same with legendary and Mythical featured into it, which is not taking a rocket science to think about that, the only thing different is now with one more Mythical appear. Also, Meltan and Melmetal are the two last pokémon from Gen VII. So, they have to appear, before Gen VIII start.

Looking at the summary, looking forward to seeing Brock battle Olivia, hopefully we see more of Olivia's Pokemon
@BigDocFan
Yeah, I'll love to see more of based game character with their Pokémon in full force. Wondering if her Anorith and Lileep is going to appear or not. It still questionable.

All I can say is Brock is going to disappointed once more just like in the past series. Try to win a heart for woman, the result is always bow to be a BIG failure.

Edit: Special preview of the episode:

Last edited:
Totodile so far is the only Non-Kanto Pokemon owned by Ash that even got acknowledged. Only the Kanto Pokemon owned by the OG traveling group were shown in the lab episodes.

Also keep in mind we’ve got all OS-based movies in a series about Alola.

Actually, Ash’s Corphish was shown alongside his Totodile in that same scene. I will say, though, that more of Ash’s other Pokémon should’ve shown up. (Sceptile should’ve Leaf Bladed that Onix which chased everyone to shreds.)

Also, keep in mind that those two OS-based movies are among the most unique (and, in some people’s opinion, best) Pokemon movies ever made (and don’t include only OS-Pokémon).

Also, keep in mind that those two OS-based movies are among the most unique (and, in some people’s opinion, best) Pokemon movies ever made (and don’t include only OS-Pokémon).

The quality of the films doesn’t change the fact that Alola hasn’t got a movie in its own generation though, which was my point there.

Including a few popular Alolan Pokemon was something they had to do to promote them.

The quality of the films doesn’t change the fact that Alola hasn’t got a movie in its own generation though, which was my point there.

Including a few popular Alolan Pokemon was something they had to do to promote them.

I’d rather that all of Alola’s Legendaries actually be involved within the anime’s main story than shoved into movies, personally.

Also, in ICY they included Sinnoh Pokémon and showed off a lot of Pokémon from many regions at the end. (Plus, the movie revolved around Ho-Oh.)

I’d rather that all of Alola’s Legendaries actually be involved within the anime’s main story than shoved into movies, personally.
Just as you have your personal opinion on how Alola should be handled in the anime itself, some people have the opinion that it deserves a movie of its own just like each and every of the 6 regions before it and it isn’t understandable.

If we get a Kanto movie instead of an Alola one, it is focus taken from Alola and given to Kanto, which the original post I quoted claimed didn’t happen.

Also, in ICY they included Sinnoh Pokémon and showed off a lot of Pokémon from many regions at the end. (Plus, the movie revolved around Ho-Oh.)
A few Pokémon appearances really don’t compensate for the fact that a grand total of two Alola Pokémon were in prominent roles- Marshadow and Incineroar.
While the movie revolves around Ho-oh, it does so because it was in the first episode.

I think we're derailing the conversation now, but it seems pretty clear how Kanto has had a lot of focus this series and it’s understandable how some people don’t like that.

I understand wanting an Aloha movie, but to be honest, the new movie style is much more friendlier to a casual viewer or non-anime fan than most of the region movies have been (which assume you know the casts.)

Because of this new format, Ash meets a bunch of new people, it allows the casts to get to know each other as we get to know them also. It also stops the film from pandering to just focusing on a legendary while most of the cast does nothing but watch Ash do something.

I agree about preferring to see the legends on the actual show. It allows them to be developed beyond mere dangerous and kind Pokemon that Ash meets. We get to see their actual personalities, and we're less likely to get the basic movie plotline where someone near dies or does die at the end...

This new format also allows Aloha much more room to tell stories, more engaging stories; it allows the fans who can't afford to see the Aloha casts battle a legendary in a Japanese theatre to enjoy everything from their home.

That's what I'm hoping too, @BigDocFan but I think the teaser referred to those two episodes as a special event or something with the word special so that leads me to believe that its probably not.

I would like for the two of them to join the main cast for a little while especially since LGPE is out... This could be perfect.

Yeah, honestly there isn't much else to say about these two episodes that others haven't said already.

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse with a stick here, the chemistry between Brock & Olivia will be gold, and I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing this episode.

On a side note, it was interesting seeing Misty doing Mantine Surf like a pro, and then later on in the preview she's holding Lana's Eevee - so maybe there'll be a similar kind of B-plot involving Misty & Lana in SM102? I remember Lana did seem to show some admiration for Misty when the two of them first met in Kanto...

The episode looks amazing!
I do hope we see more of Olivia's Pokemon, it really annoys me how we always see the same Pokemon whenever the Kahunas show up. I'll give Lycanroc a pass as Midday doesn't have a big role but Probopass needs to take a seat and let Armaldo or somebody else battle

I'll wish after this episode ended. We've all going to see how the four remaining character from the base games is going to make their entry of the series. But I know, Hapu will be the first one since in episode 100 about mentioning Poni Island grand trial and I'll hope her seiyú is the NOT the same voice actress of Alexa, Aya Endō. That will be very annoying... especially her laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom