• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM103: A Passionate Heart That Can Smash Even Rock! Lychee and Takeshi!!

Honestly (unless some canonical information proves me wrong), I think that in the Pokémon world, you’re pretty much considered an adult once you turn ten.
That's what Takeshi Shudo had in mind, at the very least. But it was only a draft and it may be hard to say if it's canon or not.

That's what Takeshi Shudo had in mind, at the very least. But it was only a draft and it may be hard to say if it's canon or not.
They threw all that out once Shudo left, so no, it's not

The anime now is a completely different thing than what it was twenty years ago

Like it's not clear what Brock and Olivia are right now. Couldn't the writers have made it clear? I was expecting Brock to get heartbroken.
Well, if Brock and Olivia meet again, I think it's more likely that Brock gets heartbroken given the show's history.

I prefer not being given a concrete answer to what they are at this moment. I would be more annoyed if after one episode with little to no development between the two of them that they become canon.

Let them develop over time rather than rushing the storyline just to say, "Here's something to chew on..."

I didn't enjoy the episode much. The "relationship" was rushed and overall the episode felt like a collection of unimportant scenes.It would have had more time to do what it wanted if the group was already on Akala since the start of the episode. It did two things right through, showing the balance between Brock's caring and passionate sides and the scene with the fireworks, it was surely inspiring.

I wonder if Brock's stalker tendencies will get toned down in the dub. I know they weren't in the past but things have changed. Maybe they'll say that his book about Olivia is a book about Alola in general.

Team Rocket's mecha being able to resist a Z-move will cause a plothole in the future when another one gets inevitably crushed by a Z-move.

Team Rocket's mecha being able to resist a Z-move will cause a plothole in the future when another one gets inevitably crushed by a Z-move.
Their latest two mecha were designed to withstand all manner of attacks - they apparently learned from their thousand previous defeats

And then Pikachu was able to effortlessly smash one with Iron Tail so I wouldn't take anything the TRio says about how strong anything they make is at face vaule

Can anybody tell me what happened in the Poke Problem segment? Not the question, I can just read the Bulbapedia page, the scene that plays at the end.

No that was the previous episode when Misty went to Treasure Island with everyone. Unless they used the same scene.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom