• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM104: Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound like a broken record or anything (ah who cares), but if the TRio are left out of this entire arc I will be totally done.

Not to sound like a broken record or anything (ah who cares), but if the TRio are left out of this entire arc I will be totally done.
@ii kanji
At least, we're going to see that is Team Skull turn to get blast away from Ash's friend Pokémon move. Which is a nice change of pace.

Also, I'll kinda feel bad about Team Skull themselves after they coming all the way to Poni by sneaking up the boat of Ash and the other heading there. At the end of the episode, they're all gone back to Melemele after defeated from Ash's friend and is also impossible for them to survive in the wild.

This preview footage could either be from this episode or an upcoming Poni Island episode but I'll post it here just in case:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2if7P9KF2h8

Boy, they really want to torture us by spoilering with this?

Anyway, glad to see Ash battle Gladion once more ever since Aether Arc from the last battle of his Type: Null, before become Silvally.

YES!!! AN ASH VS GLADION BATTLE FINALLY!!! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!! In my honest opinion, I think the anime got EVERY SINGLE THING RIGHT with Gladion's Character/Development/Battle Style, Ash has already had 3 Battles with him ( including this one as well ), they gave him spotlight in the Aether and Necrozma Arcs to develop his character as a whole... We also witnessed a sharp contrast between Ash and Gladion during the Necrozma Arc, Gladion was focused on the goal and Ash was wanting to help Poipole and his family. There's more to him than his Sasukeness Character. If they do this battle well-written and a decent enough League, he'll be my 2nd Favorite Rival after Paul...

Was that Outrage that Gladion's Lycanroc used? Because that and Dual Chop are the only Dragon moves it gets, and it definitely wasn't using the latter. Whatever the case, Gladion seems to be the one who will display Devastating Drake for us.

PS. I think this preview is for a later episode, given how Ash already knows Hapu. Possibly episode 105?

Since Gladion has a Dragonium-Z from a Totem Kommo-o, that means Ash will either challenge a Totem Ribombee or Totem Kommo-o. If Lillie is here, she is going to get a Z-Ring or have a trial challenge just like Lana did back then.

Since Gladion has a Dragonium-Z from a Totem Kommo-o, that means Ash will either challenge a Totem Ribombee or Totem Kommo-o. If Lillie is here, she is going to get a Z-Ring or have a trial challenge just like Lana did back then.
@radek.tadajewski.7
Don't get your high hope for that. Because, in the end, you're going to disappointed if she didn't get any of that. Which may lead her back to Mount Lanakila once more since that the only place, that can improve her character further. Also, Ash's will definitely won't having a trial with Totem Ribombee since he's doesn't have a fairy type pokémon. Unless...

@radek.tadajewski.7
Don't get your high hope for that. Because, in the end, you're going to disappointed if she didn't get any of that. Which may lead her back to Mount Lanakila once more since that the only place, that can improve her character further. Also, Ash's will definitely won't having a trial with Totem Ribombee since he's doesn't have a fairy type pokémon. Unless...
Oh right. We'll just wait and see what happens in this arc.

Uh, that footage is for a later episode. Maybe the next one. This one is about meeting Hapu, the classmates doing other stuff, and Team Skull stealing radishes. Gladion's not even in this one as far as we know.

Last edited:
Uh, that footage is for a later episode. Maybe the next one. This one is about meeting Hapu, the classmates doing other stuff, and Team Skull stealing radishes. Gladion's not even hear as far as we know.
Yeah, that's right.

Remember the Anime has to show off EVERY SINGLE Z-MOVE... so they might as well just give Ash a Kommo-o and the exclusive Z-Crystal to him in this arc. BTW here are a list of Z-Moves yet to be shown in the Anime:

Twinkle Tackle
Acid Downpour
Subzero Slammer
Psychic Shatter
Techtonic Rage
Supersonic Sky Strike
Savage Spinout
Corkscrew Crash
Marshadow's Z-Move
Primarina's Z-Move
Decidute's Z-Move
Kommo-o's Z-Move
Alola Raichu's Z-Move
Necrozma's Z-Move

Remember the Anime has to show off EVERY SINGLE Z-MOVE... so they might as well just give Ash a Kommo-o and the exclusive Z-Crystal to him in this arc. BTW here are a list of Z-Moves yet to be shown in the Anime:

Twinkle Tackle
Acid Downpour
Subzero Slammer
Psychic Shatter
Techtonic Rage
Supersonic Sky Strike
Savage Spinout
Corkscrew Crash
Marshadow's Z-Move
Primarina's Z-Move
Decidute's Z-Move
Kommo-o's Z-Move
Alola Raichu's Z-Move
Necrozma's Z-Move
You forgot Never Ending Nightmare, Guardian of Alola and Genesis Supernova by the way :coffee:.

That being said 7-Star Soul-Stealing Strike was shown off in M20, so they don’t really need to show it off in the Anime and I expect Genesis Supernova will be shown off in M22.

Also I’m quite split on Ash getting a Kommo-o and a Kommonium Z, as I don’t expect Ash to get more than 3 exclusive Z-Crystals for his party and he already has 1-2 (Excluding his Solganium) right now, those being Lycanium Z and his Electrium Z that becomes a Pikashunium Z on occasion, though the writers may keep making it flip-flop rather than having it permanently transmute and therefore he could get another Exclusive Z-Crystal, (…it’s be nice if they give him a Totem while they’re at it…) but we’ll have to see I suppose.

Regardless of them counting the Pikashunium Z I’m expecting Torracat to evolve and for Ash to get an Incinium Z (Kinda leaning even more into the theory with Max Malicious Moonsault being in Smash Bros as it could be a good way to set Ash’s Incineroar’s Z-Move apart from the Masked Royale’s, Incinorium Z available to those who play the Demo for the initial Gen 8 releases!!! No not really) Because Torracat doesn’t really have is own Z-Crystal like Pikachu, Lycanroc and Rowlet.

Wouldn't be surprised if various CotD show up during the Rainbow Rocket takeover to show off Z-moves in rapid-fire succession to drive them off

Nina and Alolan Raichu (Signature)
Ida and Primarina (Signature)
Hau and Decidueye (Signature)
Tapu (Signature)
Hala and Crabominable (Ice)
Hapu and Mudsdale (Ground)
Plumeria and Salazzle (Poison)
Guzma and Golisopod (Bug)
Sophocles and Togedemaru (Steel)
Delia and Mimey (Psychic)

Status
Not open for further replies.