• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM104: Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a funny trolling episode since judging by her appearance, Ash and his classmate will never knew, SHE is the Island Kahuna. It's should be fun. Also, I'll wish Mina return as well as Hapu is still inexperienced Island Kahuna, she needed assistant and Mina will be the right choice for her.

Also, I'll knew it, Hapu will be the first one to appear following Misty and Brock return. I hope her Seiyū (Voice actress) is NOT the same with Alexa (Aya Endo). Otherwise, it will be very annoying especially her laugh, Its really gives me creep.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas and I had just predicted the future.

Edit: For anyone doesn't know, that I wrote Hapu will be the first to appear.

See:
PREVIEW: - SM103: A Passionate Heart That Can Smash Even Rock! Lychee and Takeshi!! in #58, before @FinnishPokéFan92 posted the first preview.

Last edited:
If they follow the same format as the games, then Hapu won’t actually be Island Kahuna yet, and the next episode or two will focus on her needing to earn her title from Tapu Fini.

But yeah, I sure hope Mina returns as well, I agree that she’d be a good fit for an arc like this - a second Acerola, as it were.

Team Skull is appearing in this episode as well. Probably to get smashed by Hapu. Man the writers really hate Team Skull....

I'm really excited for this episode and arc to be honest.

My Predictions:

Ash catches Jangmo-o
Hapu becomes Kahuna
Lillie gets a Z-Ring
Sophocles's Charjabug Evolves into Vikavolt
Lana's Popplio evolves into Brionne
Ash wins against Hapu on his first Try

I hope Ash goes to Poni Island solo like he did for Ula Ula.
Maybe it’s going to be a journey with just Misty and Brock?
His classmates are confirmed to go with him. Which is also why I doubt Ash will lose against Hapu. The Writers wanted to give him enough focus in the Ula'Ula Island Arc since he lost to Nanu instead of having his classmates steal the spotlight. I'm thinking this arc will be like the Akala Arc. Ash's Trial will be the Grand Finale, with some companion-focused episodes before that... I'm personally excited for Ash to battle Totem Kommo-o out of EVERYTHING tbh.

Not going to raise my hopes up since Team Skull has been mentioned in summaries before without having any effect on the plot... but the last year of Alola is starting so this episode better at least give a tiny hint towards the appearance of their leaders. :(

Not going to raise my hopes up since Team Skull has been mentioned in summaries before without having any effect on the plot... but the last year of Alola is starting so this episode better at least give a tiny hint towards the appearance of their leaders. :(

Pretty sure Guzma will appear. Golisopod hasn't appeared yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but why does Bulbapedia list Tupp as Team Skull's Leader ?

I'm really curious to see what they end up doing with Tapu Fini, my personal favorite Tapu. Will we see Ash & Hapu actually try to brave its disorienting fog, Lana try to talk to it because it's an embodiment of the ocean, or Lillie mention the legend of its healing water (as a shout out to the games where she wants to seek it out to heal Nebby)?

Summary
Summary by Dephender
Satoshi and the others have gone to Poni Island to work on research projects. They all decide on their subjects, but Satoshi ends up getting suspected of being a daikon thief by Hapu'u, a girl he meets on the island. And then the Skull Gang show up as well..

Summary by Dephender
Satoshi and the others have gone to Poni Island to work on research projects. They all decide on their subjects, but Satoshi ends up getting suspected of being a daikon thief by Hapu'u, a girl he meets on the island. And then the Skull Gang show up as well..

Interesting summary, what's a Daikon?

Hopefully Team Rocket are absent

I hope Charjabug will evolve into a Vikavolt during this Poni Island arc. Vikavolt is yet to make an appearance in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom