• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review SM104: Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!!

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Isnt it strange that she already has her Z-Ring despite not chosen by the island gardian yet?

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
I thought this was a great introductory episode. The fact that each of the kids has set themselves a "project" for their stay on Poni means that they will get their chance in the spotlight more organically than just happening to have a designated episode. I'm glad Kukui has buggered off for a bit as well. Almost feels like a good old kids-travelling-alone journey of yore!

Hapu'u is brilliant. I love her self-reliance and prickliness, I think she will make a fantastic foil for Satoshi during this arc. I thought it was pretty clearly insinuated that her grandfather is dead, or else why would there have been an in-between King and why would she be living alone? I wonder why they've chosen to leave her grandmother out of it, as she was very much still alive when I played UM...

Plumeri is <3 I love the Skull-dan. Can't wait for more.

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
I feel like I always watch the episodes on Thursday's or Friday, even with the schedule having changed.

I thought this was a nice set up episode. We get a foreshadow of what to expect by everyone telling us their projects on Poni Island.

Mamane made me smile for some reason every time he spoke. I don't know why, but I like that little kid. Kaki is always a treasure, and I love just love Marowak (always been one of my favorite Pokemon since the first game.)

It sounds like Hapu'u's grandfather must be dead. Everyone except Maname spoke of him in past tense.

Its cute to me that Suiren writes to all her friends via letter that she meets and looks up to.

I liked that Lillie brought up the event about her mother in the earlier part of this episode.

Was it just me or was Joy-san super funny this episode?

The new ending song is beautiful. Love it.

The episode was a set up episode so it wasn't meant to do much but introduce new plots, foreshadow, and a new character and did all of it very well.

I look forward to the new episodes this year will bring.

Last edited: