• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM104: Poni Island Research Project! Search for the Island King!!

Kukui's already going off to do preparations for the League.

Yep, we're that close to the end of a generation folks and that close
to seeing who gets to beat up Ash's team and take the trophy from him because if Ash is never allowed to be good at anything this series than this will be the perfect example.

So, did Hapu performed Tectonic Rage with her Mudsdale to blast away the Team Skull back to Melemele?

Edit: Guess not. Look like Team Skull is going to be in Poni with Ash and his Classmate awhile.

Last edited:

to seeing who gets to beat up Ash's team and take the trophy from him because if Ash is never allowed to be good at anything this series than this will be the perfect example.
The opening now shows a scene of Kukui at the Alola League construction site.

Ash and his classmate eating white Radish a tribute to this:

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 282

Well...

Kukui is imaging himself battling Ash Ketchum in the League. Incidentally, Kukui is the final boss you face in the original Sun and Moon games.

I liked this episode, it was great to see Golurk back in the anime for the first time since Best Wishes

Curious as to why the girls and several Pokemon liked the daikon thingies, gender related maybe

Having Team Skull be the culprits made a refreshing change, was certainly a good plan they had

Nice to see Kukui will be mostly absent from the arc whilst the classmates have their own plans for the trip

Don't know if any of you saw the new Ending, but if you look in one shot you see Ash with a Jangmo-o beside him.So he's most likely gonna catch it...

Nice episode. We haven't seen the Golurk since the Best Wishes series.
And Hapu was battling Ash, but Electric Types don't affect against the Ground types, in fact, Ash has a disadvantage for Pikachu. He might use another Pokémon.
And Team Skull were stealing the Sensu Style Oricorio.

Last edited:
Plumeria's scene was short, however her saying "I have no idea what you're talking about" in response to the Skull trio's tomfoolery pretty much let everyone know what the dynamic between her and the grunts is in just one line.

Going to take her scene as a similar tease as Kukui's league building in the opening; there's more to come later.

Plumeria's scene was short, however her saying "I have no idea what you're talking about" in response to the Skull trio's tomfoolery pretty much let everyone know what the dynamic between her and the grunts is in just one line.

Going to take her scene as a similar tease as Kukui's league building in the opening; there's more to come later.
I hope...What was the poképroblem?

I liked how Hapu was given a back story and I liked how each of the class mates told us what they are doing for the Poni Island Arc... except for Lillie who was having memories of her first time on the island. (I also liked the call back.)

Practically everyone was telling Ash that going against a Golurk was a bad idea and it showed. (Disadvantage for days!) I also like how Hapu was cute and feisty.
Everything I said is still in place and I didn't really mind the comedy in this episode as it is a reaction to being over excited and being let down. (Except for Ash falling in the water by accident. How the hell do you do that other than running so fast that you slip?!)
For now, Ash is going to have to deal with the fact that he is going to have to wait until someone fills the role of Kahuna.
TS didn't do a whole lot besides get kicked and Plumeria showing up to foreshadow something... and nothing else. (I liked how Salandit was making it clear that fighting Mudsdale was a BAD idea.)
The best highlight of all was best girl Lana getting an image of Relicanth and trolling everything into thinking she caught something.

6/10. It is an introduction episode and it did its job.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom