• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM105: Decisive Lugarugan Battle! Satoshi VS Glazio!!

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I loved that Lillie was seen photographing Pokemon, makes a change from it just being Rotom

Not surprised Gladion won the battle, the animation was nice

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
I was surprised that Gladion won the Battle against Ash for battling Lycanroc midnight vs dusk. He used Dragonium-Z to beat Ash.

And Hapu's Mudsdale's hoof was hurt on the Corsola's Stone.

I give this episode a 8.6/10.

Singaporean

Reaction score
Great episode! Especially seeing how Hapu backstory doesn't wanted to become Island Kahuna after his grandfather pass away. At the same time, wasn't able to cope with the way after Tapu Fini ignore her call of pray.

Lillie and Gladion father presumable to be dead, while didn't know is still alive somewhere after coming out from Ultra Wormhole.

I knew it, the battle is going to end up Gladion's victory since we know is going to happen. No surprised.

Overall rating for this episode. I'll give it B+.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Did you guys notice that Sophocles' Togedemaru was nowhere to be seen in this episode? Also, I never thought Gladion's father would be mentioned in this episode after disappearing through an Ultra Wormhole where two Ultra Beasts Pheramosa and Kartana are yet to make an appearance in the series.

Last edited:

Singaporean

Reaction score
Did you guys notice that Sophocles' Togedemaru was nowhere to be seen in this episode? Also, I never thought Gladion's father would be mentioned in this episode after disappearing through an Ultra Wormhole where two Ultra Beasts Pheramosa and Kartana are yet to make an appearance in the series.
@radek.tadajewski.7
We'll shall see after this Arc finish first. Wish Pheramosa and Kartana appear in just one episode like what they had did with Blacephalon and Xurkitree. That will concluded all Ultra Beasts had appeared in the series. As for Mohn, I'll think it will take some time right after Meltan came into the picture.

L-05308

Reaction score
This is the first episode where Charjabug appears but Togedemaru does not.

I like how they showed what everyone was doing at the start and then never cut back to them, giving proper attention to Ash, Gladion, Lillie and Hapu.

It’s shaping up as a solid island arc!

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
This is the first episode where Charjabug appears but Togedemaru does not.

I like how they showed what everyone was doing at the start and then never cut back to them, giving proper attention to Ash, Gladion, Lillie and Hapu.

It’s shaping up as a solid island arc!
Yeah, I don't understand why Dare Da? featured Oricorio (Sensu Style) despite the fact it doesn't actually appear in the episode itself. This has never happened before since the Best Wishes Series where Zekrom was featured in the final episode of the Dare Da? which doesn't appear at all.

KenzeyEevee

Eevee, the one with a kind heart
Reaction score
Why is Hapu'u so mad at Satoshi? Mohn looks very different in the anime then in the games. It was a nice battle, but it felt like that Gladions Lycanrock had it difficult.

Last edited:

Him1612

Reaction score
I think this is the first time Ash used z move first before his opponent...

With this stupid moveset and not powerful Pokemon , no way Ash going to final or semi final in league...
( Like Nanu said lycanrock choose better trainer than ash... Just kidding)

Writer reduces spotlight of Ash in alola when compared to other series..

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Apparently because the writers decided they wanted her anime counterpart to be much more of a bitch than her game counterpart, just like they did with Erika in the original series.
Nah. I actually like Hapu's depiction in the anime.
Also, you didn't give a proper answer to the question, instead just stating your own opinion about her.

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
What's with SM and all its battles being handed to garbage animators? This one looked like shit, quite frankly. Meanwhile Iwane is doing mostly filler stuff. Really?