• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM106: We Have a Sea and We Have a Valley! Great Intensive Pokémon Evolution Training!!

wow. A double evolution. Sophocles's Charjabug became into Vikavolt and Lana's Popplio turned into Brionne.

Also, Lillie referenced Lana's Popplio as "she's singing", before Popplio evolved into Brionne. Popplio is most likely a female.

wow. A double evolution. Sophocles's Charjabug became into Vikavolt and Lana's Popplio turned into Brionne.

Also, Lillie referenced Lana's Popplio as "she's singing", before Popplio evolved into Brionne. Popplio is most likely a female.
And, the ending theme was updated to feature both Brionne and Vikavolt. I think the opening theme will be updated next week too.

So Ash is going to get screwed out of getting the Z-crystal for either Decidueye or Incineroar? Good for Sophocles and Lana finally getting some evo development on their teams.

I mean yeah Ash basically got it for Pikachu and has the Lycanium Z for Lycanroc but those two are about as played out and over marketed as Kanto is.

hey BigDocFan, make sure to go on english sub as Lillie referenced to Lana's Popplio said "she's singing"

I always think that Suiren And Sophocles have a good bond with each other which let me think that Suiren Lana always love Sophocles Mamane.

i al really glad for both

Watching the subbed version, interesting to note Horacio and his brothers mentioned a Vikavolt race, wonder if we'll be seeing that sometime

Well people are already joking that in the say, 30 episodes to go that were are owed 25 filler ones.

....May that just be a joke

Vikavolt looks so majestic here, i love it. Even though I’ll miss the little bus battery.

Popplio’s evolution was drawn beautifully. The shading, the light, the animation, just beautiful.

Oceanic Operetta was a bit underwhelming IMO, but I’m glad Primarina got its fair share of focus. Now just Decidueye to go, and we know who’ll probably do the honors.

Can’t shake off the feeling that Pikachu knocking that Hakamo-o away was a message for theorists.

Alright, this episode left me satisfied in certain areas.

Getting the cons out of the way, it is pretty predictable and we are given a good reminder as to why the Anime doesn't show the grinding we the players have gone through on screen.

Popplio's evolution, like most evolutions in the pokemon series as a whole, kind of came out of nowhere outside of that urge to evolve to be like her teacher Primarina.

The Z move could have been better, though it does make some sense biologically.

It gets kind of dull.

The pro's, Charjabug and Popplio evolving were treats, they needed some development and it is better late than never.

As a turn for the con, I appreciate how they DID show some of the grinding we the players have gone through, just so the evolution didn't come the heck out of nowhere like... certain pokemon in this series that evolved. (Tsareena!)

Popplio and Eevee singing with Primarina was cute!

I like how they went the route of having the jerkass rival from several episodes back get in over his head and was unaware of the danger he was getting himself into instead of being a cheating d bag.

Also... for those who opened the mystery box you get from transferring pokemon into Let's Go from Pokemon Go... we saw the box opened and we are given more foreshadowing.

Eh... 5.5 out of 10. Good for the plot, I got what I came for and now it looks like we are almost done with the world building episodes.

I love both Suiren and Maamane and this episode did neither justice. Would it have been too much to ask for Ashimari and Denjimushi to get an episode each in which to evolve? It's not like SM hasn't had its share of episodes with seriously dubious reason to exist...

The reason I'm annoyed is because I basically liked everything we got but would have wanted a bit more. It's amazing that this series has had few-none CotDs and both sets brought back for this episode proved that they deserved recalls.

To be honest, I didn't even notice the Meltan or recognize the Mystery Box when I first watched the episode. It was familiar for sure, but I couldn't put my finger on it until someone pointed it out.
@FinnishPokéFan92
Alola are about to head into yet another major crisis once more. Because, nothing else is good comes when Mythical Pokémon involves.

Last edited:
Of course with Sun and Moon it is just as likely for Meltan to just appear around everything, as to have Ash catch one, to have someone else catch it....

It's like two different and unrelated episodes forcibly mashed together.
I don't like Ashirene's "singing" voice. Sounds kind of silly.
What was that metal door on the ocean floor?

I don't like Ashirene's "singing" voice. Sounds kind of silly.
I personally liked it.
What was that metal door on the ocean floor?
That was the Mystery Box, an item required to encounter Meltan in Pokémon GO. If you look closely, you can see a few of them moving away from it a couple seconds earlier.

I personally liked it.

That was the Mystery Box, an item required to encounter Meltan in Pokémon GO. If you look closely, you can see a few of them moving away from it a couple seconds earlier.
I'll say it again.
I just saw the box initially and I knew Meltan was active, I didn't see the Meltan's moving out and thought they were an unimportant fish pokemon. If you don't know what the box is or blink at the pokemon, you will miss the foreshadowing.

The kind you won't notice are my favorite types of foreshadowing.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom