• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM107: Run Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginning of the Tapu Fini mini-arc. An Arc within an Arc. That is something we've never see before. Clarified me If I'm wrong.

Finally, after almost 100 episodes, my boy Charizard will finally be the focus (or at least part of the focus) of an episode and will finally be considered relevant. Finally...

But in all seriousness, other than an apparent, ahem, excess of """"""""funny"""""""" faces, I'm really looking forward to this episode.

Like the posts above I applaud the decision of using Charizard, hopefully there's more than those 3 seconds.
Sofu is quite ugly, and seeing him showing up to Kiawe but not to his grandaughter is disappointing and softens the drama a lot.

Beginning of the Tapu Fini mini-arc. An Arc within an Arc. That is something we've never see before. Clarified me If I'm wrong.

Junior Cup Arc within the Meloetta Arc.
Whirl Cup & Lugia within the Whirl Islands Arc.
Snowbelle Arc within the Ash Greninja Arc.

Like the posts above I applaud the decision of using Charizard, hopefully there's more than those 3 seconds.
Sofu is quite ugly, and seeing him showing up to Kiawe but not to his grandaughter is disappointing and softens the drama a lot.

Junior Cup Arc within the Meloetta Arc.
Whirl Cup & Lugia within the Whirl Islands Arc.
Snowbelle Arc within the Ash Greninja Arc.
@Nicolas721
And now is Meltan Arc within Poni Island Arc excluded with Tapu Fini mini Arc in it.

Makes sense that Kiawe interacts with Sofū, he and Kiawe's grandfather were best buds. Sofū might even recognize/interact with Charizard this episode, seeing how it used to belong to Kiawe's grandfather. Then again, he is probably just a spirit...

I have no doubt Hapu will eventually interact with her grandfather's spirit, either here or next episode, as that one seems to focus on spirits of lost relatives as well.

No it doesn't.

It still doesn't prove that he's that old guy, though.
Yes it does. Check the voice cast list on this thread.

Yes it kinda does. He's confirmed to be dead, Tapu Fini has been confirmed to have the power to communicate with the dead, and the man in the preview doesn't have a shadow, just like that one ghost man in XY.

No it doesn't.

It still doesn't prove that he's that old guy, though.
From the trailer the old man appears to have a speaking role, he appears many times throughout the trailer as well. If he were someone else, his name would be in the cast list. Sofu'u is the only name in the cast list that could correspond to the old man in this trailer.

Add to that that Hapu has been trying to summon her grandfather's spirit through Tapu-Fini and he does more or less resemble Hapu

Who do you suppose the old man is then?

Yes it does. Check the voice cast list on this thread.
Ken Uo: Sofu'u

Yeah, it does.
We don't know if that man is really Sofu'u or someone else, you know, there is no picture of him. So, he's not confirmed to be him and listed.
Yes it kinda does. He's confirmed to be dead, Tapu Fini has been confirmed to have the power to communicate with the dead
You're telling me this? Do you remember this post?

From the trailer the old man appears to have a speaking role, he appears many times throughout the trailer as well. If he were someone else, his name would be in the cast list. Sofu'u is the only name in the cast list that could correspond to the old man in this trailer.
He could be one of these nameless characters that act like priests of pokemon.

We don't know if that man is really Sofu'u or someone else, you know, there is no picture of him. So, he's not confirmed to be him and listed.

Why are you so extra sceptical?

Last edited:

Then the cast list would say something like "priest" or "old man". We've had cast lists that had minor characters like "construction worker" or "employee A, B, C" listed, I highly, highly doubt a character that is featured in the trailers and clearly has speaking lines isn't on the cast list.

Pretty much everything points to this old man being Sofu'u.

I mean, let's be honest, it is Sofu'u, but I kinda get what mm is going for - technically speaking, if this short old guy were a different character voiced by Yuji Ueda or Kenta Miyake or Kaito Ishikawa then he wouldn't be listed. Of course, there's no way a tiny firecracker like him is not related to Hapu'u but that's another argument...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom