• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM107: Run Kaki! Surpass Yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary
Summary from Dephendor:

It's said that the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, shows itself at the Ruins of Hope, a sacred area on the island. As one would expect, Satoshi attracts Kapu-Rehire's anger when he battles his classmate Kaki on this holy ground. Satoshi ends up captured, and in order to have him released, Kaki has to run off and bring back scales from Akala's guardian deity Kapu-Tetefu within a strict time limit.

Sound like that old Greek myth the Japanese bring up from time to time.

Also...
*ahem*
"And if you don't return in time, I'll dye Ash's hair purple!"
"NO NOT THAAAT!!"

I knew that the Tapu were basically a law unto themselves, but Fini seems so hilariously petty in this summary that I can't help but grin. Capturing Ash for having a battle near its ruins? Just wow.
It just hates kids coming to its home without permission. ;)

I knew that the Tapu were basically a law unto themselves, but Fini seems so hilariously petty in this summary that I can't help but grin. Capturing Ash for having a battle near its ruins? Just wow.

It’s known to be distrustful of humans because many people have tried to steal it’s healing waters for evil purposes.

Last edited:
Summary
New summary:
Adamant said:
Satoshi and Kaki want to meet the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, so they have a battle at the Ruins of Hope. However, them battling on this holy ground ends up angering Kapu-Rehire, and it ends up capturing Satoshi. To save Satoshi, Kaki has to bring scales from Kapu-Tetefu to Kapu-Rehire's within a time limit. What will become of Satoshi and Kaki?
Kapu-Rehire confirmed to be a murderer.

I love that we're finally getting another Kiawe episode
But I'm kinda disappointed that Fini doesn't appear to be doing anything special like Koko, Lele, and Bulu did. :/
Shame as both it and Tapu Koko are my favorites

And no I wouldn't call doing what it did in the games 'special'.

I love that we're finally getting another Kiawe episode
But I'm kinda disappointed that Fini doesn't appear to be doing anything special like Koko, Lele, and Bulu did. :/
Shame as both it and Tapu Koko are my favorites

And no I wouldn't call doing what it did in the games 'special'.
It's in this episode and the next. Define 'special', because capturing Ash would fit the bill in my book.

It's four pokemon that made themselves Alola's gods.
I seen enough mythology in ANYTHING deity related to tell you that being a petty brat is in the resume.

Koko is the only one actually active in protecting his people, though that also doubles in his warrior like nature. (He is helping you so he can beat the other guy up.)

Lele is guilessly cruel and as shown, is perfectly content with beating you with an inch of your life, numbing the pain and then do it all over again until you die.

Bulu is lazy, but his wrath is.... most finale! (Po Town happened because the Team Skull of old ticked it off!)

Fini has potent mist that mortals pester her to no end over. So she makes them kill each other over it.

Last edited:
Something that's intriguing me about this whole scenario is that we could finally get to see the relation between Kiawe and his Charizard explored in this episode (similarly to previous Kiawe-centric episodes, where he forged a stronger bond with his Turtonator and Marowak), leading to Charizard upgrading his status from transportation device/HM slave to actual Pokémon character. The fact that (according to the summary) Kiawe needs Tapu Lele's scales to calm Tapu Fini down makes it very likely that Charizard will, at the very least, appear in this episode, since Lele's on Akala (unless she conveniently pops up Poni Island because plot) and considering that past Kiawe episodes have been about him connecting with his Pokémon, I'm really hopeful that they'll do something with those two (which means that Kiawe will finally no longer be the only one of Ash's companions whose owned Pokémon doesn't have an article of its own on Bulbapedia).
Define 'special', because capturing Ash would fit the bill in my book.

Doesn't Team Rocket capture Ash and his friends almost regularly every series. Just because Tapu Fini does it this time around doesn't make it special, considering that (if memory serves me right) Ash and co. have been caught by other characters before.

Doesn't Team Rocket capture Ash and his friends almost regularly every series.
I wouldn't say so, and that takes 2-3 minutes to solve. Here you are speculating that this scenario will be long enough for Kiawe to bond with Charizard.

Just because Tapu Fini does it this time around doesn't make it special, considering that (if memory serves me right) Ash and co. have been caught by other characters before.
Tapu Fini is a legendary Pokemon; it's more threatening than a Team Rocket robot. Anyway, I am not saying that this role is that special, but only Tapu Koko really stood out. The complaint is a bit weird.

I wouldn't say so, and that takes 2-3 minutes to solve. Here you are speculating that this scenario will be long enough for Kiawe to bond with Charizard.

Tapu Fini is a legendary Pokemon; it's more threatening than a Team Rocket robot. Anyway, I am not saying that this role is that special, but only Tapu Koko really stood out. The complaint is a bit weird.
I guess what I was trying to say is that:
a) Ash getting captured by someone/something isn't special since it happened long before Sun & Moon was a thing (not that I'm complaining that he gets caught, since we get another episode with a focus on my favourite companion in this series) and;
b)Tapu Fini feels kind of wasted on this episode since you don't need it in order to make this kind of scenario happen. For example, Ash and Kiawe could have been battling in the forest and accidentally scared a bunch of Ribombee and Cutiefly, which angers the nearby Totem Ribombee or you could have them battling Vast Poni Canyon, which upsets the Totem Kommo-o, leading in both cases to Ash getting caught and Kiawe needing Tapu Lele's magical scales in order to calm the Totems.

This seems like it's gonna be an interesting episode, I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom