• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM108: Inside Kapu-Rehire's Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRANDPA STOUTLAND?!?! :eek:

Though...is anyone else having trouble feeling for Mallow? :confused_emoji:

That's nice, but it has nothing to do with their roles or even Pokedex entries.
They do actually use its Pokedex entries. The title is a reference to it, and the Kiawe saving Ash episode is a reference to this one:
Although it's called a guardian deity, terrible calamities sometimes befall those who recklessly approach Tapu Fini.

Others have already said how the present role is already a part of Tapu Fini's lore.

I4MGAHX.jpg

From Dephender.

(And on a side note, we can remove the "disappeared" stuff from the wiki, this is 100% confirmation that Stoutland is dead)
STOUTLAND ANF TORRACAT!!!

Torracat looks so happy!

Man that page legit breaks my heart, no wonder the VAs teared up.

Also the surprising lack of focus on Gladion tells me there's nothing big related to Mohn in this episode, but I hope Gladion still finds out that his dad isn't dead after all so they can start the plotline of finding him.

My theory was right, Stoutland and everything. I wasn't expecting Mallow to get something at all, I feel sorry for her but at the same time I'm excited for she getting more background that will likely tie to her motivations.

I assume the "trial" will happen in this episode and will be either Ash & Torracat battling Stoutland or Tapu Fini. I loved the petals quest from the games so I'm a bit sad about that, but I won't lose hope that we'll see something inspired by it some day. I don't know if Torracat will evolve or not as I haven't seen enough merchandise of it (I know merchandise doesn't spoil everything, but the collection that leaked Brionne and Vikavolt had a Torracat), but it would be the perfect time to do it. I'm sure it will get a new move at worst.

My theory was right, Stoutland and everything. I wasn't expecting Mallow to get something at all, I feel sorry for her but at the same time I'm excited for she getting more background that will likely tie to her motivations.

I assume the "trial" will happen in this episode and will be either Ash & Torracat battling Stoutland or Tapu Fini. I loved the petals quest from the games so I'm a bit sad about that, but I won't lose hope that we'll see something inspired by it some day. I don't know if Torracat will evolve or not as I haven't seen enough merchandise of it (I know merchandise doesn't spoil everything, but the collection that leaked Brionne and Vikavolt had a Torracat), but it would be the perfect time to do it. I'm sure it will get a new move at worst.
I don’t know if Torracat will evolve here but I do think that Ash will get an incinium z after his trial with Hapu. If this is the case, then I’m sure Torracat will evolve sooner or later.

Summary and cast list
Summaries and cast list, provided by Adamant on pocketmonsters.net

At Hapu'u's house, Satoshi and the others get enshrouded in Kapu-Rehire's mysterious mist. Apparently Kapu-Rehire has the power to let you meet people that are no longer with us. And the ones Satoshi and the others meet in the mist are...

Summary:
Apparently the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, has a mysterious power that lets you meet people that are no longer with us. When Mao hears this, she gets really sad for some reason. What suddenly came to her mind...? And when the group went to stay at Hapu'u's house for the night, they got enshrouded in Kapu-Rehire's mysterious mist. As they make their way forward, lost in the mist, they all encounter someone important to them. Meanwhile, Hapu'u heads to Kapu-Rehire's in order to save them from the mist.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Yuji Ueda: Kuwagannon
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Shinichiro Miki: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Silvady
Keiichi Nakagawa: Goloog
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Junko Takeuchi: Hapu'u
Chiwa Saito: Mao's Mom
Ken Uo: Sofu'u
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Summaries and cast list, provided by Adamant on pocketmonsters.net

At Hapu'u's house, Satoshi and the others get enshrouded in Kapu-Rehire's mysterious mist. Apparently Kapu-Rehire has the power to let you meet people that are no longer with us. And the ones Satoshi and the others meet in the mist are...

Summary:
Apparently the guardian deity of Poni Island, Kapu-Rehire, has a mysterious power that lets you meet people that are no longer with us. When Mao hears this, she gets really sad for some reason. What suddenly came to her mind...? And when the group went to stay at Hapu'u's house for the night, they got enshrouded in Kapu-Rehire's mysterious mist. As they make their way forward, lost in the mist, they all encounter someone important to them. Meanwhile, Hapu'u heads to Kapu-Rehire's in order to save them from the mist.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Yuji Ueda: Kuwagannon
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Shinichiro Miki: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Silvady
Keiichi Nakagawa: Goloog
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Junko Takeuchi: Hapu'u
Ken Uo: Sofu'u
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Looks like Mallow's mother will appear as a spirit in this episode, so that's why Mallow had something in her mind. Will Mohn appear in this episode as a spirit or will be still alive?

I knew it was Mallow's mother who was dead!
Looks like Mallow's mother will appear as a spirit in this episode, so that's why Mallow had something in her mind. Will Mohn appear in this episode as a spirit or will be still alive?
Obviously not. We know from the games that he's still alive, and Gladion not seeing him in this episode will probably make him realize that too.

Will be interesting to see how the dub deals with all these death references, I hope they don't ban these episodes as they sound important

Mind you, they handled Stoutland's disappearance OK
They handled Stoutland and Luxray and Snubbull to great effect, let's not worry about this one here.
In those cases, the word "death" was never mentioned, while here it pretty much is, so we'll have to wait and see.

Fair point, they censored Meowth's ''encounters'' with Mimikyu because it looked rather creepy which is different

Also a difference between 'dead' and 'hell' last I checked.

The best bet is the dub will remove all "death" references and change them to "someone they miss" without making it clear if they're alive or not. Or maybe they'll keep it the same!

I was writing character bios yesterday. One of them was Mallow's. I headcanoned that her mother died when she was young, which is why we never see her or hear Mallow mention her.

Personally, I'm going to be be really sad if my headcanon becomes actual canon.

I'm really sad y'all.

The dub will probably carry over the term, "no longer with us," instead of referring to death directly. After they kept Snubbull I would be very surprised if they didn't keep this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom