• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM108: Inside Kapu-Rehire's Mist

FinnishPokéFan92

The ocean is my Cloyster.
Reaction score
That's true, but it stroke me as curious that is always Ember who gets replaced.
It’s probably because it’s the typical ‘base level’ fire move.
In the original series, they kinda did it in reverse, where Ash's Charmander was shown using Flamethrower before Ember, and Cyndaquil never used Ember at all. But hey, it was the original series. What else you'd expect?

Last edited:

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
With this episode, every main character has three pokemon they could use in the league. I can see now they all joining the league.
Whole dead mom thing is came out of nowhere. They could, at least, hint it in the previous episode instead of blabbering about radishes for half of the episode.
Interestingly, there was so much stuff happened in this episode, yet the episode didn't feel rushed despite of that. Probably because all the plot threads were connected.

Last edited:

KrspaceT

Reaction score
A thought: could a fan writer use the mist to say 'Ash dad is still out there!". I'm just wondering about potentail fanfic fodder there from this one.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Dub smacking aside, a point I noticed.

Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena's been with Mallow a lot longer than we thought. Some have raised issue about the fact that the fairly unactive grass-type evolved so quickly, but if she's been around for a while that means she has been slowly but steadily getting to that point. A 'slowly training for a long time' argument to why said mon got to the point of evolving twice.

Or at least that's something I might jot down on TV tropes at some point.
That wouldn't explain its second evolution.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Christ what a frustrating episode

Mallow's mother appears, hogs the majority of the run time and we never even get her name, and then Mallow kidnaps a Shaymin before it can fly away to its friends and family

Torracat and Stoutland was a lot more depressing, and Hapu becoming Kahuna went the same way as Brionne evolving in that it's almost a footnote