• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM108: Inside Kapu-Rehire's Mist

With this episode, every main character has three pokemon they could use in the league. I can see now they all joining the league.
Whole dead mom thing is came out of nowhere. They could, at least, hint it in the previous episode instead of blabbering about radishes for half of the episode.
Interestingly, there was so much stuff happened in this episode, yet the episode didn't feel rushed despite of that. Probably because all the plot threads were connected.

Last edited:
A thought: could a fan writer use the mist to say 'Ash dad is still out there!". I'm just wondering about potentail fanfic fodder there from this one.

Dub smacking aside, a point I noticed.

Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena's been with Mallow a lot longer than we thought. Some have raised issue about the fact that the fairly unactive grass-type evolved so quickly, but if she's been around for a while that means she has been slowly but steadily getting to that point. A 'slowly training for a long time' argument to why said mon got to the point of evolving twice.

Or at least that's something I might jot down on TV tropes at some point.
That wouldn't explain its second evolution.

Christ what a frustrating episode

Mallow's mother appears, hogs the majority of the run time and we never even get her name, and then Mallow kidnaps a Shaymin before it can fly away to its friends and family

Torracat and Stoutland was a lot more depressing, and Hapu becoming Kahuna went the same way as Brionne evolving in that it's almost a footnote

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom