• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After everything, it's Mokuroh's time to shine.

Rowlet's already been used in the first two Grand Trials, it's had plenty of time to shine.

Torracat should be used here due to its focus in the previous two episodes and it not being used in a Grand Trial yet. That combined with Torracat no longer being able to use any Z-Moves makes me think the Incinium Z will be obtained here.

That combined with Torracat no longer being able to use any Z-Moves makes me think the Incinium Z will be obtained here.
I expect that he’ll receive an Incinium Z from the Mask Royale, probably after their next fight which I imagine will be ‘relatively’ soon given that we’ve seen Zeraora, the Lycanroc fight and Rowlet vs Dartix match shown in the opening.

Since Ash is more then likely going to win this Grand Trial in this episode, based on how the next episode is titled after this one. I'm 100% sure he is going to win the Steelium-Z in this battle. Also it was the move that he was practicing with Pikachu in one of the early sun and moon episodes.

How does the next episode title indicate Steelium Z?
It’s a golf episode to promote Kahili, a golf player.
I'm talking about he might win the Steelium-Z in his final grand trial battle. None of his Pokémon that he has right now on him can use ground type moves anyways, Also he is more then likely going to get an Incinium-Z from the Maksked Royal anyways. What other Z-crystal do you think he will get???

I'm talking about he might win the Steelium-Z in his final grand trial battle.
In your previous post you said 'based on the next episode title' which implies that something about that episode signals Ash getting Steelium Z.

None of his Pokémon that he has right now on him can use ground type moves anyways, Also he is more then likely going to get an Incinium-Z from the Maksked Royal anyways. What other Z-crystal do you think he will get???
I think he might get the Incinium Z in this trial, specially since Torracat might be used in this trial after some inspiration from Stoutland in the previous episode.

Steelium feels like a random choice when they could’ve done it during the Akala arc, where there was a convenient way to conduct the observatory trial and Molayne's appearance.

In your previous post you said 'based on the next episode title' which implies that something about that episode signals Ash getting Steelium Z.

I think he might get the Incinium Z in this trial, specially since Torracat might be used in this trial after some inspiration from Stoutland in the previous episode.

Steelium feels like a random choice when they could’ve done it during the Akala arc, where there was a convenient way to conduct the observatory trial and Molayne's appearance.
I guess we will have to see when the episode comes out then.

Here are some of the possibilities for the z-crystal Ash might recieve:

Groundium Z: This is what Hapu gives in the games. While none of Ash’s Pokémon can use this crystal, they may learn a move that allows them to perform it. (Such as lycanroc learning drill run)

Incinium Z: Given the fact that we are most likely going to receive some sort of Torracat development in next weeks episode, there’s a very good chance Torracat may be used in the grand trial. Besides, Lana has the Primarium Z and Hau will most likely have the Decidium Z, therefore leaving Ash with an Incinium Z. (Also, as of SM107 Torracat’s moves are Ember, Fire Fang, Flame Charge & Revenge, meaning that it can’t use any of Ash’s current z-crystals)

Steelium Z: This one is the least likely but could be a possibility as Ash was interested in it in SM025. Obviously, Ash can use Pikachu’s Iron Tail to perform this Z-move, or one of his Pokémon can learn a move allowing him to use the z-move with someone other than Pikachu. (similar to the groundium z statement I made)

I think these are really the Top 3 contenders for the z-crystal Ash will recieve. Then again, the S&M Anime has been full of suprises before so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Also, they could follow the pattern from SM 105 and 107 and give Ash a crystal corresponding to a new move Rowlet or Torracat or Lycanroc could show or learn on this episode.

I doubt Lycanroc is learning Drill Run. We saw Olivia's Lycanroc with that move, and Ash's Lycanroc seems settled into its current four of Bite, Accelerock, Stone Edge, and Counter.

The Lycanium Z also renders any other Z-Crystal obsolete for Lycanroc. I still say Incinium Z is the most likely outcome here.

I think he get steelium z from meltan or melmetal.
High possibility is Ash never get z crystal from hapu( because I don't think so she knows about that giving z crystal for winner)
But if Ash get z crystal it will be ghost type ( for rowlet or torracat), or dragon type (
for torracat) or ground type ( for lycanrock)

High possibility is Ash never get z crystal from hapu( because I don't think so she knows about that giving z crystal for winner)

Her grandfather was a trial captain so she must know about that...
I also doubt Tapu Fini would allow a grand trial to complete without reward being given.

I don't think that he would get Steelium just for Pikachu, because it would pretty much never be used.
Lycanroc is his his only Pokémon that can use Rockium Z. If there's even just one Pokémon in Ash's team that can use the Z-Move, it is possible for him to get the corresponding Z-Crystal. That's how I see it.

Lycanroc is his his only Pokémon that can use Rockium Z. If there's even just one Pokémon in Ash's team that can use the Z-Move, it is possible for him to get the corresponding Z-Crystal. That's how I see it.

Rockium was before Lycanroc had a Z-Crystal of its own (and STAB too). It too has been pretty much sidelined due to Lycanium Z now.
Pikachu already uses Electrium and it’s amother signature Z-Move. Steelium will see little to no use in Pikachu's paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom