• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't be sure yet.

In addition to the things I said in my previous post there’s also the question if Ash were to get the Steelium Z, why didn’t it happen in the observatory?
They clearly had the opportunity since the observatory episode ended up being filler.

No Z-Crystal has been award to the main characters after the associated Character/Place's appearance...

In addition to the things I said in my previous post there’s also the question if Ash were to get the Steelium Z, why didn’t it happen in the observatory?
They clearly had the opportunity since the observatory episode ended up being filler.

No Z-Crystal has been award to the main characters after the associated Character/Place's appearance...
But it doesn't mean it won't happen.

Summary and staff list
Summary and staff list, as provided by Dephender.
Hapu'u, the girl who once mistook Satoshi for a daikon theif, has become Island Queen of Poni Island. Satoshi immediately decides to take the Grand Trial she and her partner, the "Draft Horse Pokémon" Banbadoro, offer. However, Hapu'u possesses the skills of Sofu'u, the Island King of two generations ago, and these skills are far beyond what Satoshi expected.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

Because there was no trial in that place.

Summaries and cast list
Summaries and cast list, credit goes to Adamant from pocketmonsters.net
Satoshi attempts Hapu'u's Grand Trial battle! The Pokémon Hapu'u sends out is the super powerful Ground type Pokémon Banbadoro! Which of his partners does Satoshi send out in response? Will he pass the Grand Trial?!

Summary: The ceremony at the Ruins of Nirvana is over, and Hapu'u has finally become the Island Queen of Poni Island, and Satoshi immediately attempts her Grand Trial. The Grand trial involves a fully powered battle against Hapu'u's Banbadoro. Banbadoro is a super powerful Ground type Pokémon, and it works perfectly as a team with Hapu'u on top of that! Which of his partners does Satoshi attempt to beat Banbadoro with? And will Satoshi be able to pass the Grand Trial and finish his research project?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Junko Takeuchi: Papu'u
Risa Shimizu: Joy
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Mika Kanai: Odoridori
Rikako Aikawa: Odoridori

Wonder if the Oricorio are the same from SM104 and will act as cheerleaders, Ash will be dumb if he doesn't use Rowlet against Mudsdale

It's most likely gonna be Torracat that's used here considering its focus in the prior episodes

Rowlet and Pikachu were used in the first Grand Trial
Rowlet and Rockruff were used the second Grand Trial
Lycanroc was used in the third Grand Trial

Plus we're most likely gonna see Tectonic Rage here, and Rowlet is immune to it

It's most likely gonna be Torracat that's used here considering its focus in the prior episodes

Rowlet and Pikachu were used in the first Grand Trial
Rowlet and Rockruff were used the second Grand Trial
Lycanroc was used in the third Grand Trial

Plus we're most likely gonna see Tectonic Rage here, and Rowlet is immune to it

Good point there, if Torracat is used, I hope this triggers its evolution which would make it more worthwhile

The problem with using Torracat here is, as others have mentioned, none of its four current moves match any of Ash's Z-Crystals. There's additionally Mudsdale's Stamina ability to consider as it would gradually weaken everything but Ember. Unless it evolves into Incineroar and learns a strong Normal type move for Breakneck Blitz in addition to the obvious Darkest Lariat, there's no way it should realistically win here.

I'm personally starting to think Ash learned nothing from the disastrous first battle with Wulfric back in XY. He's now facing another physically defensive behemoth as the last obstacle before the league, and most of his Pokémon's moves are physical. Again.

Ash is most likely going to win or he wouldn't head back to Melemele two episodes later. And how often are abilities and the physical/special distinction even acknowledged?

The problem with using Torracat here is, as others have mentioned, none of its four current moves match any of Ash's Z-Crystals. There's additionally Mudsdale's Stamina ability to consider as it would gradually weaken everything but Ember. Unless it evolves into Incineroar and learns a strong Normal type move for Breakneck Blitz in addition to the obvious Darkest Lariat, there's no way it should realistically win here.

We're talking about the same series where Rowlet OHKOed its evolved form using a 4x resistant Z-Move...

Last edited:
Poor Torracat, denied another battle.

It’ll be Pikachu doing the 1v1 fight. I don’t know how Ash’ll win (please don’t let be the Deus Ex Machina Crystal of Doom) but... okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom