• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me this is a reverse of the Nanu trial with Ash using 3 Pokemon against Hapu, or at least have Pikachu lose and a rematch later on
@BigDocFan
Interesting thoughts, it maybe a the rematch after the loss during in episode 104. But we shall see until next Thursday second preview and talk about it.

Please tell me this is a reverse of the Nanu trial with Ash using 3 Pokemon against Hapu, or at least have Pikachu lose and a rematch later on

I don’t see that being received well...

But I’ll take it over Torracat not being used in anything other than Masked Royal battles.

What? Using an Electric type in the Ground type grand trial? What the heck, Ash?! But at least Pikashunium Z won't solve this one...

Plot twist: it begins raining and using anime logic Ash OHKOs Mudsdale with Pikashunium Z.

Yeah, my prediction now is that Satoshi will get Steelium-Z following this match since he's going to have to win using Iron Tail... unless Pikachu ends up learning Dig mid-match to allow him to use Groundium-Z, but I highly doubt Iron Tail will never be overwritten since it's pretty much a signature move now.

To be fair, pretty much all of ash’s pokémon suck against mudsdale (maybe besides rowlet, but I feel like rowlet would just get overpowered) so i’m really not too surprised about pikachu. I would’ve loved to see torracat but as many have mentioned, there is the problem with the z-crystal availability. Lycanroc wouldn’t really be much better, and it has been used a lot lately. So i guess in retrospect, pikachu makes sense (kinda)?

One vs One? WHY? This is the final trial, for Arceus' sake. I'm very disappointed that we will not see Golurk and possibly Rowlet fighting :cry::cry: Do they just not have budget for a simple 3vs3? We've had 110+ episodes and two and a half years without one!

The way THIS series has been, are really you so surprised?

They haven't given a crap about the Island Trials part of the time, and this the least interested in battles they've EVER been. :sick:
A poorly handled storyline deserves a poorly handled ending! ;)
Personally, I'd rather Ash lose and have a rematch later, but it's clear they want the Island Trials over with and out of the way to move on to other things (Meltan, the League, apparently Mohn, maybe Team Skull, and lots and lots of nonsense on Melemele Island)

I agree. Let's NOT regress back to Kanto-stye logic.

Too late. The Let's GO dou made sure of that...:cry:

Last edited:
Pikachu will learn Splishy Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom