• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM109: The Birth of an Island Queen! Satoshi's Grand Trial!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people assuming it's a 1v1? The preview doesn't mention it iirc, nor the episode description? Besides, Goloog's voice actor is the same as Kukui so it's not unlikely it will appear either.

Still it does not deserve to have less opponents than the Pokémon who can defeat Snorlax in terms of laziness.
Training was touted as one of Litten's interests pretty early on so it’s disappointing to see it being used in a grand total of 0 grand trials.

Still it does not deserve to have less opponents than the Pokémon who can defeat Snorlax in terms of laziness.
Training was touted as one of Litten's interests pretty early on so it’s disappointing to see it being used in a grand total of 0 grand trials.
Regular trials count too. And like with Ash's other fully evolved starters, League is likely its time to shine.

Regular trials count too. And like with Ash's other fully evolved starters, League is likely its time to shine.

It’s not like it got a solo battle in a trial (it shared screentime with Rowlet). It’s Ash's Pokemon with the least contribution in trials (not counting Poipole for obvious reasons).

I never said the league will not be it’s time to shine. If it doesn’t do anything there it will end up doing nothing of substance in this series.
Other non-comedic starters have had focus in the Gyms as well as the league so it’s not some unusual wish for Torracat to battle in (Grand Trials).

And it’s not like Torracat will pull a Greninja carrying the league on its shoulder since it’s pretty much guaranteed that Lycanroc will be the MVP for the Gladion battle (it had a short term rivalry with Silvally and a more significant one with Gladion's Lycanroc).

Well, to be fair, it has already had the spotlight in two other grand trials and two regular trials.
Mokuroh was the second fiddle to Pikachu, Nyabby and Iwanko in these trials. Not to mention how they dropped it from those matches in an unceremonious manner.

Last edited:
It got to defeat its evolved form with a 4x resistant Z-Move though.
Torracat will defeat Kukui's Incineroar in the league.
Torracat meanwhile remains the least used Pokémon in the main cast. And used in 1 trial (which was not even a solo battle).
It already got tons of focus with it's backstory, its rivalry, its screentime, etc. And it, at least, was the star one one trial.

It already got tons of focus with it's backstory, its rivalry, its screentime, etc. And it, at least, was the star one one trial.

Rowlet also got focus with a backstory and is out of its Pokeball the most.

Torracat was basically forgotten post evolution. And it'll probably end up as Ash's starter Pokemon with the least amount of battle opponents.

(Also Torracat defeating Incineroar isn’t a guarantee. Remember Alain? Rowlet will also inevitably end up battling Hau again there so it’s not an effective argument)

Translation by Adamant:
Anime: At long last, we get a Grand Trial in "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"!!
(The anime is currently airing every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo network!!)

In the episode airing February 17th, Satoshi attempts Hapu'u's Grand Trial! Pikachu is in bigger trouble than ever before!!

*How will Satoshi and Pikachu fight against Hapu'u, who they've already lost to once before?!
*Their opponent is a Banbadoro, who's a Ground type: Pikachu's weakness!

Rowlet will also inevitably end up battling Hau again there so it’s not an effective argument)
Ash and Rowlett already defeated Hau and his pokemon, so I don't think there would be much hype for their rematch. They could use him like Barry and Kalos rivals, someone Gladio or Kukui could defeat.
Adamant said:
Anime: At long last, we get a Grand Trial in "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"!!
Adamant said:
(The anime is currently airing every Sunday at 6pm on the TV Tokyo network!!)

In the episode airing February 17th, Satoshi attempts Hapu'u's Grand Trial! Pikachu is in bigger trouble than ever before!!

*How will Satoshi and Pikachu fight against Hapu'u, who they've already lost to once before?!
*Their opponent is a Banbadoro, who's a Ground type: Pikachu's weakness!
EDIT:
Translation by @martianmister:
I didn't translate it. Did you miss "Adamant" in my post?

Last edited:
Second preview of the episode:

While I am a bit disappointed about Ash using Pikachu in this grand trial, he does look pretty confident and I am excited to see what kind of strategy he will come up with. In my opinion, Ash’s strategies are what makes his battles interesting and enjoyable. (whitney rematch, countershield, rock tomb climb and olivia’s grand trial to name a few)

While I am a bit disappointed about Ash using Pikachu in this grand trial, he does look pretty confident and I am excited to see what kind of strategy he will come up with. In my opinion, Ash’s strategies are what makes his battles interesting and enjoyable. (whitney rematch, countershield, rock tomb climb and olivia’s grand trial to name a few)
@TheAerialAcer
Yeah, I agreed. This will be yet another forgettable battle that no one else will want remember. Despite, that an episode that can showed Ash other pokemon. But, they chose to do a rematch of Hapu with Pikachu. That is really disappointed a lot of people including me and you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom