• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM110: Hole in One at PokéGolf!

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Meh, not funny as much as I expected. Also no Elite 4 foreshadowing for interested.
I like how Lilie had a outfit for every occasion while others wear same outfits.
Poor Hoshi is still can't get over her brother's creepy expressions.

Singaporean

Reaction score
Great episode, better than the one from the previous episode. Love to see the old guy once again with his year old phrasing non-stop without taking a Big L after losing to Kahili. Wondering what his true identity is he?

Overall rating, I give it B+.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
In terms of the sport related episodes, this is on the Meh side of the scale...

still better than the ping-pong one by a mile.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
Tiger Woods reference on Ash before tee shot. Also, Brionne was also singing on baloons.

My predictions on WTP in the dub is eithet Toucannon or Krabby.

I give this episode a B+ and great filler.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Krabby, huh? I think this counts as evidence towards all these exaggerative "experts" being the same person, given that we originally saw him as a fisherman.

That Beak Blast was pretty epic.

ZDaemon09

Reaction score
Just watched it and oddly enough, I didn't get the outrageous demand I wanted. (To be slapstick on par with Tom and Jerry and have Ash get hit in the face with a golf ball.) But I got a list of things I like.

I liked how Kahili was trying to get some breathing room from her celebrity life. The golf moments with most of the characters were pretty fun to watch. (Kaiwe trying too hard, Lillie working herself up, making herself dizzy and barely making a distance is cute.)
The final hole was hilarious, even before our queen waifu Kahili used the Toucanon... cannon. It is a funny episode and a good breather from the plot heavy episodes we gotten for over a month. 7/10 until we get subs.

WatcherMark

Reaction score
Well, after several years we've finally gotten to see Tailwind depicted in the anime.. and it's just another Gust.

TheAerialAcer

Cacnea is Cute
Reaction score
I really liked this episode! I thought it was fun and a really great character introduction. This episode was a nice change of pace after the Poni Island Arc and before the Meltan Arc. These filler episodes are sometimes some of the best episodes in Pokémon, especially in this series. Though I will admit, the first half of this episode was a bit dry, but it got much better in the second half.

Well, after several years we've finally gotten to see Tailwind depicted in the anime.. and it's just another Gust.
Gust, Whirlwind, Tailwind, even Hurricane all have similar animations both in the game and the anime. I also would’ve liked to see something different, but there’s only so much you can do with tailwind.

WatcherMark

Reaction score
Gust, Whirlwind, Tailwind, even Hurricane all have similar animations both in the game and the anime. I also would’ve liked to see something different, but there’s only so much you can do with tailwind.
I'm not sure what I expected to be honest, but for a move that's relied on so heavily in the games I'd expected to pop up in a league or even just a trainer battle instead of some filler about playing golf.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I expected to be honest, but for a move that's relied on so heavily in the games I'd expected to pop up in a league or even just a trainer battle instead of some filler about playing golf.
Why? It fits this perfectly. It's giving the ball more speed, just like the move does to Pokémon in the games.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Shaymin looked so depressed this episode since Mallow isn't letting it find any Gracidea flowers so it can go home to its friends and family

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
I enjoyed the recurring gag of Toucannon getting ticked off at the old man and his exaggerations.
Same here, it was like Toucannon was speaking for the audience lol
Not only Toucannon, but I also liked Lana's subtle "You gotta be kidding me" reactions to his exaggerations as well.