• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM110: Hole in One at PokéGolf!

Meh, not funny as much as I expected. Also no Elite 4 foreshadowing for interested.
I like how Lilie had a outfit for every occasion while others wear same outfits.
Poor Hoshi is still can't get over her brother's creepy expressions.

Great episode, better than the one from the previous episode. Love to see the old guy once again with his year old phrasing non-stop without taking a Big L after losing to Kahili. Wondering what his true identity is he?

Overall rating, I give it B+.

In terms of the sport related episodes, this is on the Meh side of the scale...

still better than the ping-pong one by a mile.

Tiger Woods reference on Ash before tee shot. Also, Brionne was also singing on baloons.

My predictions on WTP in the dub is eithet Toucannon or Krabby.

I give this episode a B+ and great filler.

Just watched it and oddly enough, I didn't get the outrageous demand I wanted. (To be slapstick on par with Tom and Jerry and have Ash get hit in the face with a golf ball.) But I got a list of things I like.

I liked how Kahili was trying to get some breathing room from her celebrity life. The golf moments with most of the characters were pretty fun to watch. (Kaiwe trying too hard, Lillie working herself up, making herself dizzy and barely making a distance is cute.)
The final hole was hilarious, even before our queen waifu Kahili used the Toucanon... cannon. It is a funny episode and a good breather from the plot heavy episodes we gotten for over a month. 7/10 until we get subs.

I really liked this episode! I thought it was fun and a really great character introduction. This episode was a nice change of pace after the Poni Island Arc and before the Meltan Arc. These filler episodes are sometimes some of the best episodes in Pokémon, especially in this series. Though I will admit, the first half of this episode was a bit dry, but it got much better in the second half.

Well, after several years we've finally gotten to see Tailwind depicted in the anime.. and it's just another Gust.
Gust, Whirlwind, Tailwind, even Hurricane all have similar animations both in the game and the anime. I also would’ve liked to see something different, but there’s only so much you can do with tailwind.

Gust, Whirlwind, Tailwind, even Hurricane all have similar animations both in the game and the anime. I also would’ve liked to see something different, but there’s only so much you can do with tailwind.

I'm not sure what I expected to be honest, but for a move that's relied on so heavily in the games I'd expected to pop up in a league or even just a trainer battle instead of some filler about playing golf.

I'm not sure what I expected to be honest, but for a move that's relied on so heavily in the games I'd expected to pop up in a league or even just a trainer battle instead of some filler about playing golf.
Why? It fits this perfectly. It's giving the ball more speed, just like the move does to Pokémon in the games.

I enjoyed the recurring gag of Toucannon getting ticked off at the old man and his exaggerations.
Same here, it was like Toucannon was speaking for the audience lol
Not only Toucannon, but I also liked Lana's subtle "You gotta be kidding me" reactions to his exaggerations as well.

254.jpg

563.jpg

581.jpg

593.jpg

605.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom