• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM111: Arrival in Alola! Dripping Metal Panic!!

It's like talking to a hardcore Star Wars fan who can point out the twenty different kind of Stormtroopers in the films even though at a glance they're identical

Are you talking about actual Stormtroopers? Or their predecessors, the Clone Troopers? Because Clone Troopers have actual distinct personalities (even though most of them have the same type of armor) and far more variations in terms of armor (especially since they also tend to personalize it), role and training, making them distinguishable from each other.

Meanwhile, for the most part, stormtroopers are usually indistinguishable (since they are being portrayed as comically incompetent grunts in the recent Star Wars media), except maybe for the fact that some of them wear pauldorns (which actually have an in-universe function: to tell what their rank is) and maybe the fact that some Stormtroopers wear specialized armor depending on the different type of environme...
I'm acting like a hardcore Star Wars nerd, aren't I?

Are you talking about actual Stormtroopers? Or their predecessors, the Clone Troopers? Because Clone Troopers have actual distinct personalities (even though most of them have the same type of armor) and far more variations in terms of armor (especially since they also tend to personalize it), role and training.

Meanwhile, for the most part, stormtroopers are usually indistinguishable (since they are being portrayed as comically incompetent grunts in the recent Star Wars media), except maybe for the fact that some of them wear pauldorns (which actually have an in-universe function: to tell what their rank is) and maybe the fact that some Stormtroopers wear specialized armor depending on the different type of environme...
I'm acting like a hardcore Star Wars nerd, aren't I?

Or you just watched 'The Clone Wars' where the Clones got a lot of fleshing out as 'not meer mooks'.

Or you just watched 'The Clone Wars' where the Clones got a lot of fleshing out as 'not meer mooks'.

Actually, they were also fleshed out in media before TCW, like Tartakovsky's Clone Wars miniseries, the Dark Horse's Star Wars: Republic comic series, video games like Star Wars: Republic Commandos (which was sooooo good and really needs a sequel) and Star Wars Battlefront II (the good one, not the reboot) and even... OMG, I'm doing it again!

I liked James's bottle cap collection and Ash's Muk being seen again, and the Meltan were also pretty cute.
James made a Bakugo face during the Meltan confrontation, that alone made the episode for me! Been hoping for so long that the show would make a My Hero Academia reference!
For some utterly weird reason, Force Fire and Chosen on Bulbapedia seem to think those eyes were just "generic angry anime eyes". I've tried to provide evidence to the contrary on their talk pages, but so far, no agreement seems to have been achieved. Kinda frustrating, to be honest.

For some utterly weird reason, Force Fire and Chosen on Bulbapedia seem to think those eyes were just "generic angry anime eyes". I've tried to provide evidence to the contrary on their talk pages, but so far, no agreement seems to have been achieved. Kinda frustrating, to be honest.
They are generic anime eyes though.

• Nyasu getting the Poke Problem segment!
  • Getting this out of the way first, while I think the Meltan are cute, especially the one that befriends Mokuroh, I cannot watch them scurrying around eating any metal they can get and not think about an infestation of locusts or mice. Still think they’re very expressive for what’s essentially a lump of metal, a nut, and an eye.
  • It felt so good to see TRio again! :love:
  • Why do I get this feeling that the food truck’s going to bite the dust before the end of Sun and Moon?
  • Poor Pixie.
  • The pudding sharing scene was cute, especially with how Mimikkyu and Hidoide split it.
  • Anything related to Kojiro and his bottle caps was great but the whole half minute with Kojiro finding/crying over the remains of his bottle caps (Sorry Kojiro, crowns) was pure gold! Best part of the ep! :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:
  • Hidoide’s reaction to this. <3 Also Hidoide on Musashi’s shoulder!
  • The little detail of Mimikkyu flying off when Kojiro rips the top off the table!
  • Mokuroh’s a great birb!
  • I have to express concern about the writer forgetting that Mimikkyu’s been battling things fine when Pikachu’s not around since SM 38. Considering though that Mimikkyu hasn’t been in an episode since SM 91, I’ll try to let it slide.
  • Second best scene was Kiteruguma scaring off the Meltan like the awesome mama bear she is!
  • Nuikoguma, stop hitting your brother!
  • I did not expect to see the Professor and Betbeton in this episode.
  • Again, poor Pixie.
  • I felt so bad for Kojiro in the Poke Problem segment!
Overall I thought it was a fun and enjoyable episode.

Last edited:
Following his passing, has Unshou Ishizuka's voice recording been archived for the voice of Satoshi's Betbeton?

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom