• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping he gets a Meltan, wonder if Ash might get a Steelium Z from Hapu as Pikachu knows Iron Tail, a Steelium Z would be good for Meltan
True. Oh, and I almost forgot:
That's what I'm thinking, the title is similar to those where Gible was caught during Diamond and Pearl, would love to see Ash catch a Steel type
Not to mention of it being the first time in the anime's history when a main character would have officially owned a Mythical Pokémon! And with Meltan being the first Mythical Pokémon capable of evolving, it would actually make sense, as it's not OP, at least not upon capture.

Not to mention of it being the first time in the anime's history when a main character would have officially owned a Mythical Pokémon! But you with Meltan being the first Mythical Pokémon capable of evolving, it would actually make sense, as it's not OP, at least not upon capture.

This could be history in the making if our theory of Ash catching Meltan turns out to be correct

Staff list
Staff list, credit goes to Dephender. No summary yet.
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 村田理 (Osamu Murata)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)

This could be history in the making if our theory of Ash catching Meltan turns out to be correct
Or they will retcon it to where Meltan is not a Mythical Pokemon anymore or at least not Mythical in the anime

Man, how fast the tables can change in (barely) one week. We just went from "Ash will obviously not catch a Meltan" to "You know what, he might actually do that", all in the span of 4 days.

And people thought I was crazy when I suggested it.
Or they will retcon it to where Meltan is not a Mythical Pokemon anymore or at least not Mythical in the anime

...o_O...

...When have they ever done that in the anime?

Change what moves do? Yeah, they do that regularly. Change a Pokémon's type? Of course (especially when the games introduce new types). But change a Legendary/Mythical Pokémon's status as one for no reason at all? Ummm... WHAT?! WHY?!?!

I wonder that if Ash does catch Meltan, would it be able to use its electric moves? Meltan’s only attacking moves that aren’t electric type are headbutt and flash cannon. Guess maybe it will have to have 2 defensive moves, or it might learn more once (or if) it evolves. I only ask since none of ash’s pokémon other than pikachu have ever used an electric move.

well, there will be also a new pokemon Melmetal, but it is not confirmed yet

Personally, I don't see those making that much sense.

Why not? Meltan seems like a perfect fit for Sophocles (in an asthetic sense), and Lillie (who seems to be on the path of a researcher) would benifit greatly from the experience of raising a never-before seen Pokemon.

If Ash catches it, I imagine it would never evolve, or if it does, it will get released before the League, because they will never let Ash use an OP Legend at it, since he must always lose.

Why not? Meltan seems like a perfect fit for Sophocles (in an asthetic sense), and Lillie (who seems to be on the path of a researcher) would benifit greatly from the experience of raising a never-before seen Pokemon.

They'd never let Sophocles have a Mythical Pokemon, and there's nothing yet suggesting that Lillie will take the path of a researcher, and regardless, it doesn't suit her either.

If it's caught, it will likely evolve too.

If Ash catches it, I imagine it would never evolve, or if it does, it will get released before the League, because they will never let Ash use an OP Legend at it, since he must always lose.

Gladion has a Legendary, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom