• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something interesting I've noticed about the VA list:

Up until the Poni arc (at least from what I've seen), Kiawe's Charizard and his voice actor were never featured in the cast list. Never. Not even when Charizard had more than a cameo in the episode. Not even when he was partially focused on, like in the PokéResort episode. But now, ever since the Poni arc, he seems to be displayed on the cast list alongside the rest of the group's Pokémon. At first I thought it was because of his voice change the 1st time and because he was basically the main character the 2nd one. But, no, this cast list shows that they're still doing it when he appears in an episode. Hopefully this points to him getting a little bit more focus, since he barely has any kind of personality. Though the writers better not pull an Alain and have him overshadow the wonderful duo that is Turtonator/Marowak!

Charizard was voiced by the late Unshō Ishizuka who was credited in SM045, sadly because Unshō Ishizuka's role as the Narrator was more important, Charizard was rarely credited

Charizard was voiced by the late Unshō Ishizuka who was credited in SM045, sadly because Unshō Ishizuka's role as the Narrator was more important, Charizard was rarely credited

Oh, okay. I knew that the guy who voice Prof. Oak and the narrator also voiced Charizard, but I didn't know the reason why he was (almost) never credited as Charizard's VA was because he was already credited as the narrator or someone else "more important". No idea why they can't credit the actors' other roles in the episode, but I guess that's because I'm not that ahem well versed in the Japanese side of the anime. Thanks for the info (and sorry for posting nonsense, I guess).

Oh, okay. I knew that the guy who voice Prof. Oak and the narrator also voiced Charizard, but I didn't know the reason why he was (almost) never credited as Charizard's VA was because he was already credited as the narrator or someone else "more important". No idea why they can't credit the actors' other roles in the episode, but I guess that's because I'm not that ahem well versed in the Japanese side of the anime. Thanks for the info (and sorry for posting nonsense, I guess).

Would make things easier for us but sadly that is the way it is

D1A1gsQXcAAAd7W.jpg

There were 20 Meltan in the previous episode, but this image from the new preview shows 19 in this box.

So it looks like 19 of them are being sent to Oak for him to study while #20 is staying with Ash.

Kojiro AND Nyasu getting pissed off in the same episode? Someone's been reading my wishlist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom