• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm… while I’m curious to know who could catch Meltan, there is someone else who could be featured here: Professor Willow.

This could be a really nice chance to tie in GO with the anime, and as we got many shorts featuring Willow and Oak, it would be a really nice nod if he were to appear in this episode.

It may be simple wishlist, but it would still be cool if that happened.

Why not? Meltan seems like a perfect fit for Sophocles (in an asthetic sense), and Lillie (who seems to be on the path of a researcher) would benifit greatly from the experience of raising a never-before seen Pokemon.
Maybe. But Ash would benefit from it more than anyone else, since, as I said before, he more than likely needs a full team.

If Ash somehow gets a Steelium I think he'll capture Meltan, but otherwise I'm really doubtful. It might end up being a Nebby-like situation.

So, the episode will be the start of Meltan mini-arc, right after the previous episode, right?

Lilie is currently the only one with no third pokemon. So I hope they gave it to her.

Lilie is currently the only one with no third pokemon. So I hope they gave it to her.
Nope. Mallow and Lillie both have just one Pokémon each (UG Ride Pokémon don't count, and even if they did, your logic is still faulty). But I still think Ash will be the one to catch it. He needs a full team, and this'd be a good chance to give him one and still leave some time to develop it.

Nope. Mallow and Lillie both have just one Pokémon each (UG Ride Pokémon don't count, and even if they did, your logic is still faulty). But I still think Ash will be the one to catch it. He needs a full team, and this'd be a good chance to give him one and still leave some time to develop it.
Ash can go with an incomplete team. He has reserves he can use.

I don’t really want the main cast to capture Mythicals...

Poipole was a different case since UBs are basically normal Pokemon but from a different home world, and Silvally is an exceptional case.

I don’t really want the main cast to capture Mythicals...

Poipole was a different case since UBs are basically normal Pokemon but from a different home world, and Silvally is an exceptional case.
Meltan is unlike any other Mythical because it actually starts out weak and has to evolve to get stronger. I think that justifies it.

Meltan is unlike any other Mythical because it actually starts out weak and has to evolve to get stronger. I think that justifies it.

Nebby and Poipole too were weaker legendary and UB but we know what happened with them...
And Meltan’s supposed to be on a higher ‘status’ than them.

I still think Meltan and Shaymi will be treated as Nebby-like sideplots with three classmates taking care of each mythical.

Even if Meltan is caught it won’t be a permanent member of Ash’s team imo.

Nebby and Poipole too were weaker legendary and UB but we know what happened with them...
And Meltan’s supposed to be on a higher ‘status’ than them.

I still think Meltan and Shaymi will be treated as Nebby-like sideplots with three classmates taking care of each mythical.

Even if Meltan is caught it won’t be a permanent member of Ash’s team imo.
Shaymin, yeah, but I think Meltan will actually be caught. And while Ash indeed may not end up keeping it, it'd still be fun to experience while it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom