• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM112: Discovering a New Species! Get, Meltan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaymin, yeah, but I think Meltan will actually be caught. And while Ash indeed may not end up keeping it, it'd still be fun to experience while it happens.

Yes, it might be fun to experience but I’m tired of Ash becoming a Poké-daycare service.

The taking care of a special Pokemon subplot will be repeated 4 times in this series if the Meltan and Shaymin speculation is true.

The same thing when repeated 4 times in a single series (with a dose of it in the previous one) is not fun.

So yeah, Ash has the Steelium Z now

Pikachu realistically isn't going to get much use out if it, so it'll most likely be used for Meltan

Also, Meltan interacting with Rowlet

DznL9vLWsAMGNcP.jpg

DznL-ERXQAEwNTh.jpg

DznL-bSXgAAs_XN.jpg

Last edited:
Pikachu realistically isn't going to get much use out if it, so it'll most likely be used for Meltan.
Why wouldn't he use it? Pikachu had been waiting it since early SM.

Why wouldn't he use it? Pikachu had been waiting it since early SM.

He might use it ONCE, but the trend has been that Ash's Pokemon only use Z-Crystals for their types once they get them. Pikachu, Rowlet, Rockruff, and Litten all used the Normalium Z once, but never used it again after getting the Electrium/Pikashunium, Grassium, and Rockium (which was itself replaced by the Lycanium Z).

The Steelium Z is however a perfect fit for Meltan.

Satoshi always wanted that crystal to use it with Pikachu's Iron Tail, Pikachu himself chose that crystal, it should be used mainly by him, not by some PokeGO gimmick.

Or it can be used by both Pikachu and Meltan.

But Meltan will get more use out of it, since y'know, it's a Steel-type Pokemon while Pikachu already has Electrium/Pikashunium Z as his go-to Z-Crystal.

If Ash catches it, I imagine it would never evolve, or if it does, it will get released before the League, because they will never let Ash use an OP Legend at it, since he must always lose.
Is Melmetal OP though? No, seriously I am actually asking.

Is Melmetal OP though? No, seriously I am actually asking.

His HP is enormous, his physical stats are amazing, his special defenses are not good and his speed is VERY slow.

He is a mono steel type. (Best mono type!) Who has access to a very good steel type move in double iron bash and has access to moves like thunder punch, ice punch, super power, earthquake and thunder wave to inflict a potential paraflinch with double iron bash.

Plus as a mythical in the anime, that means going against something of god like power!

His HP is enormous, his physical stats are amazing, his special defenses are not good and his speed is VERY slow.

He is a mono steel type. (Best mono type!) Who has access to a very good steel type move in double iron bash and has access to moves like thunder punch, ice punch, super power, earthquake and thunder wave to inflict a potential paraflinch with double iron bash.

Plus as a mythical in the anime, that means going against something of god like power!
OK. But, translating that into the anime that means a high speed fire type specializing in special attacks could beat him. So great but, not smash a whole league with just him great. Plus being a mythical does not automatically make you god powered in the anime. Mythical pokemon in the anime have been seen being beaten by trainers' pokemon. It is not that they aren't strong they just did not have the god like power that is guaranteed with a legendary. And some were not seen battling at all so really there is not a good gauge of how strong a mythical should be in the anime.

But, translating that into the anime that means a high speed fire type specializing in special attacks could beat him.
By that logic Heracross should’ve made short work of Tobias’ darkrai.

The mythical Pokemon power levels are often proportional to the Pokemon’s size/majestic appearance, and Melmetal is quite imposing.

Mythicals and legendaries don’t really have much effective difference when it comes to the anime, since events, which differentiate Mythicals and legendaries in the games don’t exist in the anime.

The fact that Mythicals didn’t battle much can be attributed to the situation of most Mythicals being cutesy.

Melmetal has the potential to be highly powerful and imposing.

Hey, don't sell them short.

I’m sure the SM series isn’t going to win any positive recognition for its battles...

True, but that's highly doubtful in THIS saga... :(
Hell, the creative team is barely even trying part of the time this region...:cry:

I doubt if (and that’s a huge if) Melmetal is showcased it’s going to be anything short of high strength...

I agree though. Torracat was screwed out of a grand trial because Pikachu.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean they'll use it.

True, but that's highly doubtful in THIS saga... :(
Hell, the creative team is barely even trying part of the time this region...:cry:

Pikachu's not gonna get much use out of the Steelium Z. They wouldn't have had Ash get the Steelium Z at all if they weren't planning for Meltan to use it.

Just because some of the battles aren't as good as they could be, doesn't mean that all battles would be like that. Also, weren't we speaking about teams and not battles?

I prefer to judge a series based on what it has given is till now, not what might happen.

And they were talking about the creative team i.e. writers.

Pikachu's not gonna get much use out of the Steelium Z. They wouldn't have had Ash get the Steelium Z at all if they weren't planning for Meltan to use it.
They also wouldn't have had Ash get the Rockium Z if they weren't planning to have it replaced by Lycanium Z after a grand total of two successful uses. The fact of the matter is, Ash has known since SM025 that he could use a Steel type Z-move with Pikachu's Iron Tail while Pikachu himself picked out this Steelium Z from amongst a whole set of type exclusive crystals which is quite telling if you ask me. He wanted it, Ash knows full well he's compatible with it, and SM's had a good record so far with actually remembering and elevating its smaller plot points to greater relevance if Team Rocket's Darkinium Z means anything. Put all that together and I see absolutely no reason to suddenly turn around and say they'll rarely use it.

Meanwhile, Meltan had absolutely nothing to do with the pick and in fact, hasn't actually appeared in any game that features Z-Crystals. It's probably a weak argument against this but I'd just find it weird if the LGPE exclusive Pokémon used SM/USUM's gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom