• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM113: A New Program!? Melody of the Small Koiking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
According to Serebii forums, SM113 set to air on March 17th will be focusing on Magikarp

This reminds me of the Broadcast Data, I really miss discussing those.

It took a while, but fillers with Kanto Pokemon finally happened. I would've preferred to see Horsea, Seel or even Goldeen though.

I would've preferred to see Horsea, Seel or even Goldeen though.

Would love to see them get some focus

Seen this summary courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

The Koiking Koi-chan is a genius child actor Pokémon playing a popular role in a TV serial. But uh-oh, Koi-chan's body is starting to...

An entire episode dedicated to Magikarp? Really?! Have they gone ma... WAIT A MINUTE!

Is there a chance that they're gonna introduce the pattern Magikarp from Magikarp Jump in this episode? I mean, the Man of Mystery already made a cameo and Magikarp Jump was released during Gen VII, so maybe...

EDIT: So, after spending more than a second on this thread (and actually reading the posts here)... Why, Sun & Moon? Why do you need to have this kind of filler (whose only highlights will most likely be its """"""funny"""""" faces)? Why couldn't you do something smart and tie this Magikarp-themed episode into the game that has the most varied kinds of Magikarp we'll ever see? WHY?!?!?!

Last edited:
According to Serebii, the title of this episode is A New Show!? The Tiny Melody of Magikarp

Summary, staff list and title courtesy of Dephender from Serebii

Satoshi and the others have come to a TV station in order to cheer for Māmane, who's going to be on a quiz show. There, they encounter a genius child actor Koiking named Koi-chan, but Satoshi notices that there's something a bit odd about it.

Screenplay 平出尚人 (Naoto Hiraide)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a Sophocles episode. Wouldn't it be something if he caught a Gyrados?

* gets on knees * Oh Arceus in your dimension, please let the Magikarp Salesman appear!

Last edited:
Summaries and cast list
Summary and staff list, as provided by Dephender

Satoshi and the others have come to a TV station. There, they get really excited at seeing the the filming of a show starring a genius child actor Koiking! In addition, Mao and the others get roles in a TV serial?!
Also, Hyadain and Rinka-chan from "Pokénchi" appear as voice actors!

Summary:
Satoshi and the others have come to a TV station to cheer for Māmane, who's going to be on a TV show. This also allows them to get to see the filming of a TV serial starring the genius child actor Koiking Koi-chan. However, Koi-chan doesn't seem to be in very good shape today... Just what has happened to it?! In addition, trouble breaks out when the actresses in a different TV serial doesn't show up for the filming! And the ones they end up picking as replaces are, incredibly enough, Lilie, Mao and Suiren?!
Also, Hyadain and Rinka-chan from "Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?" attempt voice acting!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Hyadain: Kenichi
Rinka Otani: Rinka
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Jun Miyamoto: George
Uko Tachibana: Manager
Ryota Iwasaki: Director
Azu Sakura: Ana
Chika Fujimura: Panelist
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

I wonder what is his source...

No idea but this supports it

Great! A game show episode since Performance Pop Quiz from XY series. I'll wondering if Sophocles is going to scare shit-less in-front of television to all the audiences.

Sounds like a fun episode, if Sophocles gets nervous, imagine the audience naked lol
Nah, they probably won't do that to kids show. If does, this episode will be banned, permanently. Unless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom