• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM113: A New Program!? Melody of the Small Koiking

Great episode to see something happen like the Gyarados rampage evolves owned by the noisy manager. That wanted to force her to express even more emotion. Ending up with the big stages of Alolan Precure and Ultraman references.

For this episode, I give it A-.

Nice episode with Sailor Moon reference! Also, the clapboard #113 is a reference to the episode when Magikarp tried to evolve into Gyarados.
I give this episode an A.

I’m sure there were lots of amazing anime references to make all the wiabous squee, but I hadn’t a clue what was going on.

Doesn’t match up to amazing fillers like the baseball one or the one with the school play.

Didn’t even get an appearance from Meltan.

A bit boring to be honest.

Did anyone notice that Koi-chan as a Gyarados has blue whiskers? I thought female Gyarados were supposed to have white whiskers.

Yeah, but female Magikarp and Gyarados have white whiskers in the game when in anime they don't have that.

They probably couldn't find any female Magikarp so hired a male in the hope no one notices the difference, similar to how they often cast female voice actors in boy roles

Also, the clapboard #113 is a reference to the episode when Magikarp tried to evolve into Gyarados.
Yeah this is the 3rd time they’ve done this, at least to my knowledge (SM029, SM098 & SM113). All three times they had the episode number and a “random” number. (SM029 had #29-138, SM098 had #98-87, and SM113 had 113-58) does anyone know if these “random” numbers have any meaning, or truly are just random?

A filler episode.

While I liked how a Gyarados was acting like a drama queen and was cutely splashing towards whats his name regarding what happened to her. I wished there was more tension.

The pre-cure reference was cute, the highlight of the episode and just pleasing to look at.

TR had NO reason to be in this episode, but Jessie looked lovely in that hair style and I liked how their objective of the episode ISN'T hurp derp get Pikachu.

Gyarados switching from romance drama to a monster movie villain was a satisfying resolve... but again, I wished more happened in between.

6/10... you can skip this episode!

I guess we know what the Alola girls will do after Ash heads to Galar! ;)

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised it took this long to have magical girl references. Or did we have some before SM I missed or forgot???:confused_emoji:

I'll go ahead and ask: what could TPCi call "Koi-chan"? (All these nicknames this saga!) Not to mention how they'll handle her voice... :unsure:

While we're at it, let's go ahead and come with a dub name for "SanSan Trio Alola DrinKyun". Because that should be an interesting translation off the bat.

I'm not even bothered by the TRio this time. Yes, they were pre-BW pointless, but it was still entertaining! Hell, if they'd been this amusing back in DP & the Battle Frontier I might've hated them a little in those sagas.

Last edited:
clever

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom