• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM114: Beauty and Nyarth!

I have mixed feelings about this episode, mainly because of how annoying Meowth looked falling in love with Pheromosa, especially his trying to look tall and allowing the Ultra Guardians trap to fail

The best bit of the episode of the usual comic relief Bewear actually being put to good use, blimey that was scary

This episode is meh. Especially with all the stealing of Z-Crystal for Pheromosa wanted to start up her jewellery collection. When everyone failed to defeat it leading up to Overpower house bewear to deal with. It's just out of ordinary.

Overall, I gave this episode: B-

Last edited:
So did Pheromosa actually steal Lillie's Icium-Z? This episode was rather meh to me. I wish this episode could have been done better.

I have mixed feelings about this episode, mainly because of how annoying Meowth looked falling in love with Pheromosa, especially his trying to look tall and allowing the Ultra Guardians trap to fail

The best bit of the episode of the usual comic relief Bewear actually being put to good use, blimey that was scary
I'm actually feeling the opposite way. I was relatively fine with Meowth falling in love, but Bewear going toe-to-toe with this super fast Ultra Beast felt a little too OP for me. I just don't like characters who are "too special" in general.

Other than the return of the long reused animation scenes and their total failure to deal with a serious Ultra Beast threat, that was probably the best Ultra Guardians episode, yet. Still, their incompetence in their first serious mission just showcased the ridiculousness of this entire premise.
A Pheroach episode with nothing to do with manipulating pheromones, kind of a bummer and a wasted potential for an episode.
Poor Hala. Where is Kapu Kokeko when you need it?
Mao had no time to remove that eye mask? Come on now...
Nyasu found a new species he can copy. Now even humans can call him a "freak."
Hey, references to Pikarla, that Eevee guy, and...that cameo guy? Did he even had a Z crystal at his previous appearance? They should use Matsurika instead.
So, they used Lilie's Icium and almost all of Satoshi's Z crystals as bait.
That was probably not a good idea to use Solgalium as a bait for an Ultra Beast.
Well, too much for that plan. Kaki and Suiren still have their backup Z crystals though.
Kiteruguma and Sonansu are the MVPs of this episode.
So, Sauboh no longer wears that Royal Mask shirt?
That was a kind of fun episode, for SM standards at least. I'd give it a 7/10.

Last edited:
Awesome and cute episode because of Meowth falling love with Pheromosa. I think Pheromosa will be my favorite Ultra Beast Pokémon.

Bewear beating Pheromosa to an absolute pulp is one of the best things I've seen in 2019 so far. And it's actually disturbingly accurate to the games as well; Pheromosa is a Pokémon with very little durability so obviously it would fall after conceding a few hits.

Frankly, it warms my heart to see an Ultra Beast not being treated as some unstoppable creature for once. That shtick got old really fast.

Did you guys notice that Mallow's Shaymin wasn't present in some scenes? Could it be that Mallow keeps it inside Poke ball even if she is only taking care of on the time until it changes its form for the next migration?

But isn't Bewear being the strongest in everything part of the joke? It's not new nor surprising. We've all seen her walk on water!

Less OP Pokemon couldn't beat Pheromosa anywaaay.
I know. But I'm just not a fan of that kind of jokes. Sad truth to be told, quite a few gag Pokémon in the anime annoy me more than a little, like Psyduck and Oshawott.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom