• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM115: Emperor of Destruction Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adamant said:
It is said that Professor Kukui and Guzma are fated to get involved with one another. And thus, on the day Professor Kukui announces the Alola Pokémon League, Guzma watches it live on TV, then comes marching into the Pokémon School.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)
Animation Director 大橋藍人 (Aito Ōhashi)

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!! :X3:

"A League in Alola?! OH HELLZ NAH!"

I just hope they don't make Guzma as much of a total loser as his team has been...
And heck, that wouldn't even take much!

The combination of Shimura and Ohtani has to mean something good in terms of animation is on the horizon...
especially after their collaboration during the Kalos league.

They have a history but it isnt mentioned anywhere it the past?
The combination of Shimura and Ohtani has to mean something good in terms of animation is on the horizon...
especially after their collaboration during the Kalos league.
Maybe we will get battles like the ones at KL?

Wait, Alola league, so fast?! Man, and to think, Ash still has 4 Pokemon on his team with two empty slots. I guess we are going to see his old mons at the Professor Oak's house during this league.

Being a loser is the whole point of Guzma.

He's less of a loser than his Grunts, but still a loser.

Well, no duh. That's why people love him! But Sun & Moon has the tendency of taking an aspect of a character and going to the extreme with it. And I guess what @SammyW27 was saying is that they shouldn't go overboard with that aspect (like they've done with the Skull trio), nor should they turn it into Guzma's only character trait.

The Guzma vs Kukui cutscene was my favourite moment in the whole of the game, so I'm thrilled they're running with their rivalry in the anime too. The way the summary is written makes me hope part of the episode at least will be from our boy'z POV <3

Meh, Team Skull's alright in the anime (the chubby one is adorable :giggle:) but they're not nearly as funny as they were in the game. Also aside from the famous "Y'all are stupid!" line, I was never a fan of Guzma.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom