• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM115: Emperor of Destruction Guzma!

So, everyone is entering the league, inluding Team Rocket.
And the league is gonna happen in Aether Paradise, not in the mountain.
Looks like Satoshi is planning to only use his current five (four?) pokemon.
And Satoshi has to defeat Guzma after his defeat in this episode.

Last edited:
The rap off between Skull Dan & TRio ('rapping' their original motto) is the stuff of dreams :love:

I'm also so happy that they have established in his first episode itself that Guzma is more than just a comic relief bad guy. I felt all goosebumpy when he puched that wall in the end, oooooh I can't wait to see him again!

Anyways, looks like this league is gonna play out a little differently as practically everyone who appeared on-screen seemed to declare their intentions to enter!? I don't really understand how this is logistically going to work, except for probably badly...

The rap off between Skull Dan & TRio ('rapping' their original motto) is the stuff of dreams :love:

I'm also so happy that they have established in his first episode itself that Guzma is more than just a comic relief bad guy. I felt all goosebumpy when he puched that wall in the end, oooooh I can't wait to see him again!

Anyways, looks like this league is gonna play out a little differently as practically everyone who appeared on-screen seemed to declare their intentions to enter!? I don't really understand how this is logistically going to work, except for probably badly...
Glad to see Guzma whoop Team Rocket for the payback of his underlings lose to them in episode 28.

Also, wasn't be surprised if he going to sweep Gladion as well. That will interesting plot.

I'm guessing Lana, Mallow, Lillie and Soph get eliminated in the firs run. Trio somehow passes the first round thanks to Mimikyu but are eliminated thanks to Deux-Ex-Machina thunderbolt.

What if TRio somehow convince Bewear and Stufful to fight for them and win the league?

It's such a shame that Guzma called it off for a Pokémon battle when he and Golisopod battled Pikachu (as he got poisoned)
That was the Nice episode as Kukui was announcing the first ever Alola League.

Simple. Don Battle Tournament plus Indigo League minus badges.

This is what I was expecting considering Kukui's decision to create the League and the relative lack of a full team for Ash.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. So Ash will only use his current team of five mons without six for the Alola League?

It's such a shame that Guzma called it off for a Pokémon battle when he and Golisopod battled Pikachu (as he got poisoned)
That was the Nice episode as Kukui was announcing the first ever Alola League.

Guzma didn't "call it off". He had no choice because Golisopod's Emergency Exit activated.

Kukui even called him out for "running away like usual". It's all bluster on Guzma's part.

Very enjoyable debut for good ol Guzma himself with a decently animated battle from Aito Ohashi.

So with the large amount of league entries, think we might get a pretty long league? I mean a league can go on for a LOT longer than Pokemon tends to. It's a friggin' tournament arc...

Looks like Bewear winning the league is seeming more and more like a reality :lapras:

That aside, the animation was pretty good this episode, the battle was great, and Guzma is already giving a good First Impression. Only flaw I can say about this episode is that the battle didnt feel like it lasted long enough for me, but even then it was still enjoyable.

OVERALL SCORE:
9/10

I'm guessing Lana, Mallow, Lillie and Soph get eliminated in the firs run. Trio somehow passes the first round thanks to Mimikyu but are eliminated thanks to Deux-Ex-Machina thunderbolt.

What if TRio somehow convince Bewear and Stufful to fight for them and win the league?

Nah, Bewear will be its own last minute entry. TRio is reaching the final, but are getting their asses whooped by Incineroar and Kukui. Bewear comes in with her mommy rage and ass whoops the Masked Royal, becoming the Champion.

Ya boy is finally here! He does not disappoint one bit, though I wasn't too pleased with the battle. Ash didn't technically lose cause Emergency Exit activated, but it was mostly another curbstomp battle for Ash.

It looks like this league will be different also. I guess we'll see more competitors than we thought, though I still hope Ash will get a full battle or two.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom