• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM117: Shaymin, Meltan, Nagisa! The Lost Explorers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh finally, these three actually get to do something!
But are we really so desperate for them to do anything that we have to rehash the ‘Pokemon gets lost’ filler episode plot? Not only have we done it multiple times in Sun and Moon already but those episodes tend to be the worst kind of filler episode type.

The series isn't over yet, so I find it premature to judge them at this point in time.

They've had 2 months/8 episodes to do something, anything that would justify Mallow keeping a Shaymin, but they haven't. And considering the writers' track record (Poipole did absolutely nothing relevant since he was caught, except be released in a very forced manner, while Lana's Eevee hasn't done anything interesting since it was caught 4 months ago (outside of being cute)), I don't expect them to do anything memorable with Shaymin, outside of having Mallow "release" it in forced emotional scene (just like they did with Poipole).

Maybe I'm wrong and they actually have a plan for it, but based on all of the episodes up until now, I don't think they do.

Last edited:
They've had 2 months/18 episodes to do something, anything that would justify Mallow keeping a Shaymin, but they haven't. And considering the writers' track record (Poipole did absolutely nothing relevant since he was caught, except be released in a very forced manner, while Lana's Eevee hasn't done anything interesting since it was caught 4 months ago (outside of being cute)), I don't expect them to do anything memorable with Shaymin, outside of having Mallow "release" it in forced emotional scene (just like they did with Poipole).

Maybe I'm wrong and they actually have a plan for it, but based on all of the episodes up until now, I don't think they do.
Exactly why I think people are judging all of this prematurely. As long as the series is still going on, anything could happen with these Pokémon.

Exactly why I think people are judging all of this prematurely. As long as the series is still going on, anything could happen with these Pokémon.

We're free to judge them based on the current situation right now though. Opinions are not set in stone.
By that logic we should be unable to judge literally anything in the series before its over.

We're free to judge them based on the current situation right now though. Opinions are not set in stone.
By that logic we should be unable to judge literally anything in the series before its over.
True. I just wish that people would at least hold up hope for these things instead of outright deeming them as failures.

True. I just wish that people would at least hold up hope for these things instead of outright deeming them as failures.

I don’t think I blame people for losing hope if they’ve been disappointed before in the series.

Shaymin has been around for 2 months and literally the only thing it has done is dancing in a soda commercial.
That’s really subpar for a Mythical Pokémon. Not to mention that the "cast takes care of special Pokémon and it’s released" plot has been done around 3 times this series.
*Also mythicals are supped to be these so rare Pokémon that very few have sighted them, and so many of them coming out of nowhere in the main cast can be off putting for people, specially if a Mythical of all things becomes a background Pokemon.

Last edited:
I don’t think I blame people for losing hope if they’ve been disappointed before in the series.

Shaymin has been around for 2 months and literally the only thing it has done is dancing in a soda commercial.
That’s really subpar for a Mythical Pokémon. Not to mention that the "cast takes care of special Pokémon and it’s released" plot has been done around 3 times this series.
*Also mythicals are supped to be these so rare Pokémon that very few have sighted them, and so many of them coming out of nowhere in the main cast can be off putting for people, specially if a Mythical of all things becomes a background Pokemon.
I guess we just see things differently. I understand why this abundance of Mythicals may be jarring to some, but I'm still holding my hopes up. Two months is only 8 episodes, after all, which is not too much.

I don’t mind Shaymin but I’ll admit it has done nothing, except budge a golf ball.

Mallow hasn’t even acknowledged it, she may as well have a large bag of crisps in her arm.

But that’s exactly why this episode is great! Shaymin has done nothing, and the other two haven’t done anything since their capture- we’ll get to see personality and discover their characters. Malie city will probably look great and I bet they’ll go to Malie Gardens too.

I don’t mind Shaymin but I’ll admit it has done nothing, except budge a golf ball.

Mallow hasn’t even acknowledged it, she may as well have a large bag of crisps in her arm.

But that’s exactly why this episode is great! Shaymin has done nothing, and the other two haven’t done anything since their capture- we’ll get to see personality and discover their characters. Malie city will probably look great and I bet they’ll go to Malie Gardens too.
Shaymin wasn't caught.

I'll give Meltan the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't been around long, and proven itself by defending Rowlet from the TRio. Besides, ya just KNOW Melmetal is going to appear in a big way later...
Shaymin hasn't done anything since Mallow caught it, but I think they're going to have it do something in Skye Form later (much later apparently).
The most grievous one is Sandy. I truly thought she would be an ace of sorts for Lana to help promote Let's Go...instead she's been mostly useless, which boggles my mind. The point of building up a poke meant to be a mascot when all it does is stand around be cute?! Not only is it bad writing, it's bad cross promotion! o_O
In fact, jog my memory: has she even used any moves since using Double Edge to the Skull Trio? (especially since defeating the Skull Trio means NOTHING...):confused_emoji:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom