• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM118: Aim for the Top Floor! The Explosive Dragon Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summaries and cast list
Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant
Satoshi and the others have come to the Gym of Kanto. Battle the Ninja Trainers and aim for the top floor of the building! Apparently you'll be able to battle the head of the gym on the top floor, but...
Also, a major announcement will be made during the episode?!

Summary:
As they continue their sightseeing tour of Malie City, Satoshi and his friends arrive at the Gym of Kanto! This is a place modeled after a Pokémon Gym from the Kanto region where you battle against Trainers dressed as ninjas, and if you win you get to continue to the next floor. Apparently you get to battle against the "head" of the Gym on the top floor, but... just what kind of person IS this head? And what kind of battle awaits?!
And there will also be a major announcement during the episode?! Make sure to watch all the way till the end!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Toru Sakurai: Crimgan
Kiyotaka Furushima: Ryuki
Junko Minagawa: Chikuwa
Rie Murakawa: Shirataki
Ryota Iwasaki: Hanpen
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

It'll be refreshing to see a Gym in the SM anime.

I don't know why, but I absolutely love the fact that Druddigon (and Zweilous too, I guess) is bobbing its head as it dodges an attack!

Just look at that and tell me it's not cool.

Why don’t Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw glow the same color anymore

Personally, I actually enjoy the pre-XY Dragon Claw (and, by extension, its depiction in this episode) more than the XY one, since, here, it actually looks like a normal Pokémon move, as opposed to the mega shiny hyper version from the last series, which was a little too overwhelming for me.

Speaking of moves (since I never talked about this), can I just say how terrible Dark Pulse looks. They took the move with the most cool and iconic look and turned it into such a generic, lacklustre, ugly and dull move. A shadow of its former self and a complete downgrade. And why, I still don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom