• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Review SM120: Suiren Fishes a Kyogre!?

Reaction score
Great episode love to see Lana's Brionne finally evolve into Primarina better late than never. Now, she's got a powerhouse Pokémon in her grasp along side with Mallow, Sophocles and Kiawe. Like I stated before, legendaries played an important part for the ecology system catching them will be catastrophic especially by other people wrong hand. Nonetheless, it lovely to see Lana befriended with it.

For this episode: I gave an A+

Reaction score
What a passionate episode! I'm glad Lana's Brionne evolved into a Primarina. And this Kyogre was so epic Primarina used sing to cure it from being poisoned by a Seismitoad. Plus, both opening and ending were updated for this episode. The only change they added to the opening was Sophocles wearing his Z-ring during the scene where he and his Pokemon are watching the falling stars as the beach, Pokemon School and the final shot scenes remain the same. Lana's Primarina is added to the ending theme, replacing Lana's Brionne.

Reaction score
...With all the evos I'm wondering if we'll get to see Incineroar and Melmetal on Ash's hands. I'd also hope Decidueye....but I think that idea belongs to Fanfiction now.

Reaction score
Specially since Rowlet has an everstone it refuses to leave.
(IT could spit it out, evolve, then swallow it again)

Also am I the only one wondering if that Jenny in a bikini scene is going to become popular...or am I still a bit shell shocked from how oddly popular Lana's mother is?

Reaction score
I can't believe Lana actually used a Misty lure, commonly used in gags, to reel in Kyogre. Probably the most improbable thing I've ever seen in the anime! xD
What was even the significance of her trying to reel in Kyogre anyway? I saw pictures of the episode so couldn’t really follow what was going on.

Reaction score
Lana should’ve caught Kyogre, because she would be able to enter the league. But nope, the writers don’t care

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
Primarina used sing to cure it from being poisoned by a Seismitoad
No. She healed it with an Antidote mixed in with some bait. The song was just to calm it down.
Lana should’ve caught Kyogre, because she would be able to enter the league. But nope, the writers don’t care
Nah. Kyogre isn't really the kind of Legendary that could be caught in the anime.

Last edited:
An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
Watching it with subs, I love that Kiawe is complaining that everyone, even Turtonator can catch a Pokemon by fishing but him

Especially considering his reaction in SM005 where he wasn't that bothered

The Prince is Back!
Reaction score
They had an excellent opportunity to give Kyogre's Pokédex entry here, but they didn't. Sigh...

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
This was a great episode. Suiren and Satoshi are a joy to watch together, they are on the same level in so many ways. Given the dearth of battles this series it was particularly nice to see them go against the hunters, especially as they had the sense to use all their Pokemon at once. The Kyogre/Suiren/Ashirene stuff was probably a bit OTT but, ya know, it's Iwane so it was delightful.

My only gripe was the placement of Future Connection which felt like very unfitting for the scene in question. Guess nothing's perfect, 'huh?

Although, you know what was perfect? The hunters landing at the feet of a sunbathing Junsa. Full marks.

(My personal squee of the episode was the advert of new Musashi/Kojiro TCG cards - wtf, where did those come from and how do I buy them?!)

Reaction score
Lana catching Kyogre would’ve been the most contrived thing of S&M completely undermining the significance of legendary Pokémon and that’s saying something with the situation of Shaymin and Magearna. Bad enough that they turned her obvious bull crap lie of hooking a Kyogre into a truth with Kyogre showing up here because...reasons. No need to make it worse.

Last edited:
Darth Ignis
Reaction score
Lana catching Kyogre would’ve been the most contrived thing of S&M completely undermining the significance of legendary Pokémon and that’s saying something with the situation of Shaymin and Magearna.
Well, I mean, Ash did capture Meltan, a mythical type Pokemon.The Meltan is on his team...

And during the league in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, some dude named Tobias had a Darkrai and a Latios on his team and won the league.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to signify about the status of legendary in the anime, they are nothing more than plot devices for the writers to advance the story.